Author Thread: Suggestion for the guys...
ian777

View Profile
History
Suggestion for the guys...
Posted : 31 May, 2009 08:00 PM

I did something really fun and flirty once (really the only time I could have, I've only ever had one serious relationship in my life). It dawned on me that here on an on-line christian dating site, it would be even more appropriate. It's mostly for the guys, but I'd recommend it for the ladies too.

Basically I made up a resume, complete with a cover letter, applying for the job of "boyfriend" to (insert ladies name here), along with REAL references (Pastors, friends, family - a former girlfriend if you're brave and the two of you called it quits amicably), and REAL life experience. For instance, I put down "Father to the fatherless" - the girl I was "applying to" was a single mom. Well there had been a number of boys from divorced/widowed situations where the dad wasn't around (or had passed away) and spent "boy time" with them - so that went down on the resume as one qualification for the job!

Make it funny, and encourage the lady to call the people referenced.

It's great fun, but I realized that when we're here on an online dating forum, there's an added risk of this person you're meeting is not who they say they are. And of course, posts entitled "why all the lies" are an inspiration to take extra steps like this. It's fun, funny, and gets the point across that you're up front and really are what you're cracked up to be.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Suggestion for the guys...
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 07:37 AM

That was cute. You should put this in the "Ask Guys" section.