Author Thread: a little sermon on faith in tryin times..
Admin

a little sermon on faith in tryin times..
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 01:40 PM

dear folks,

romans 10:17 so then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of GOD.

you know folks there aint no way you can be a stranger to the bible and expect to have an adequate amount of faithto overcome the trials and tribulations we each must face in life. the bible tells us the things that happened in the past and it also shows us what can happen for us if we trust and obey GOD.

whether its something we ve done thats brought about a trial for us or because of someone elses mistreatment of us. or satans attack on us.. remember GOD is always workin and workin out ways to bring about some good from them. see folks GOD is good. and HE only wants whats best for his children.

genesis 45:5 but now do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here ,for GOD sent me before you to preserve life.

now these words were comin from joseph, to his brothers who had threw him in a pit to leave to die, only to bring him out to sell him as a slave.. because they were envious of him and they hated him.with murderous thoughts. this man joesph faced many trials and tradgedies.. he was well favored and placed in the home of potifar an officer of pharoah. now potifars wife took a shinin to ole joesph and well lusted after him and always was a tryin to temp him to have sex with her.. and by him remainin true to GOD she lied on him and got him put in prison.. then later he was forgotten by someone he helped for a time. and then remembered finally. and was placed as second in command in the land and joesph saved many folks from dying.. and this man served in humbleness and humility never lettin it go to his head.. this man truely loved his GOD. so when his brothers came before him he didnt escuse em for what theyd done but he let them know that GOD worked through all the bad and made good come from it.. and he forgave em.. now i dont know about yawl but to me thats an awful lots of forgivin huh... the thing that impresses me the most is he didnt turn bitter at GOD or turn his back on GOD. he kept his faith in GOD and knew that GOD loved him and only wanted the best for him..

GODS the same today as HE was in joesphs time HE is still good and only wishes the best for you. hang tough in trials and stand strong in your faith and remember your many blessing are waitin for you right around the corner just as joesphs was..

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD!

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 02:22 PM

Amen!

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 02:49 PM

Wonderful post and reminder on faith! Thanks for posting your mini-sermon. I enjoyed it!

Michelle

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 04:37 PM

Ya, it's kind of tough when you're the one in the prison, wondering what's going on eh?

Thanks for sharing,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 06:17 PM

Amen cattle, thanks for that sermon, one I need to remember and do every day...

explor_r

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jun, 2009 11:01 AM

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neigther let it be afraid.

John 14:27

mpirosjr

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 08:08 PM

Cattle,

Just read your post:yay: and it was refreshing. Living in a world where people fret and panic at the slightest whim but fail to seek enlightenment from the scriptures is taxing sometimes. It is amazing that they will seek a needle in a haystack, instant gratification, the easy way out but so few will seek out a mustard seed...

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Matthew 17:20

Thanks for the encouragement for all...