Author Thread: Feeling "alone" when you live holy at a young age
JoyEverlasting

View Profile
History
Feeling "alone" when you live holy at a young age
Posted : 16 Nov, 2015 10:39 AM

We are supposed to let our light shine before men. Yet it can be unpopular to be the person living holy. I find that amongst other people me age it is cool to act like you are not saved. I love the LORD and want to find others who are not ashamed of the Gospel. :thumbsup:

Have you ever felt alone living holy at a young age?

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
History
Feeling "alone" when you live holy at a young age
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 08:39 PM

Yes, I have. I began walking with the Lord in my late teens, basically, and even now, it still feels lonely much of the time. Being set apart brings about this isolated feeling.

Your purpose and calling could have a lot to do with how long God keeps you separated, especially if He's predestined you to be a leader for His kingdom. It's like a form of training and preparation. The higher the calling, the more loneliness you may feel. As they say, "It's lonely at the top."

Imagine a classroom of 30 kids. Now, imagine 29 of those kids all huddled together, and one being taken off in a corner somewhere away from the other 29.

How might that look and feel? Nonetheless, remember that when you are set apart and truly walking upright and holy before the Lord, He is there with you. It is purposeful.

In time, He will bring divine connections around you who have your best interests at heart. In the meantime, keep living according to God's word, even if you feel secluded and alone. Pursue Him and He will reward you. He will pay you back 100 fold because you are suffering for Him. Yes, loneliness feels like suffering sometimes.

Lastly, satan wants us to get so lonely we compromise and bargain with people we have no business dealing with in the first place just so we can have someone to socialize with or whatever. That never ends well. My encouragement to you is, keep focusing on the Lord and what He's requiring of you and you will be rewarded. Walking in purity and holiness, by God's grace, makes you beautiful!

Peace, blessings, favor and strength to you!