Author Thread: Why?????
mammah

View Profile
History
Why?????
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 06:36 PM

Okay, so, I met this guy about 2 and 1/2 months ago. He was GREAT. He brought me roses, declared his love, and told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Everything was awesome. He even took to my two daughters, ages 14 and 16, right away. He fell into the roll of father figure easily. I thought everything was going fine. We had even fallen into a bit of a routine.

Then, all of a sudden, he became scared to commit to anyone or anything other than God and work. What's up with that? Well, little did I know, there was an even larger storm lurking. Hs ex-fiance was IM'ing him without my knowledge. He decided, without consulting me, to meet with her and "help her out" with her bills by MOVING IN with her! Okay, so, I can be a bit insecure at times but, I ask, am I wrong to say if you do this my girls and I are outta here?

Why and how do I pick the ones who are not going to stay true to our relationship or his word? I told him if he did that I would have to say its been great, I love you, and goodbye, for my sake and the sake of my girls. Am I wrong?

I really thought he was one I could trust. I let myself fall hard and fast for him only to have him totally crush my heart. I'll be alright because I have God's love and the love of my girls to sustain but, for that brief moment I also knew what it felt like to truly be #1 in someone's life, before the rug was pulled out from under me. Oh, did I mention that I am single, never married, never in a serious relationship before and my girls are adopted?

I guess I have to go back to struggling with being content in my singleness. That pretty much sucks! Sorry, just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

View Profile
History
Why?????
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 09:05 PM

I also have had this happen to me, and it was my ex that did it. I call it a blessing in disguise. The thing that opened my eyes happened a couple of weeks ago when attending a new church. The pastor was asking me questions and he got confused when i said my kids were with their dad. He asked me where they all were at. I then proceeded to explain to him that I was divorced. The pastor then looked at me and said, "Oh so, God is your husband." Those simple words changed so much inside me that day. God will always be there for you to comfort you, help you, provide for you and wrap His arms around you when you need that.

Juanleo

View Profile
History
Why?????
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 01:18 PM

Wow. I just saw your post--a year later. I pray that things are going better for you now. I am so sorry. Not all men are bad people. Some are still trying to find that special love just like yourself. However, I have found that you have to be careful with online dating. Folks can be whomever they want to be on these sites. Hang in there. God has a plan for you!! Take care and God Bless.

j

Page : 1 2