Author Thread: Gods Audible Voice! What do you think?
hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Gods Audible Voice! What do you think?
Posted : 10 Feb, 2008 03:56 AM

Does God Still Speak? What Do You Think? His ways are not our ways! His thoughts are not our thoughts! Yes, I must start with this because it�s a fact, God doesn�t think like us and he is also a spirit. The following is a true account of what took place in the fall of 1984, with my hand on my heart and my soul�s future at stake let it be said with complete accuracy. I had been in the ministry full time for less than a year, left a job with the teamsters union making around $15.00 per hour. I was married for 5 1/2 years and my wife is only 21 a couple days ago. I know I know, she was 16, 3 days when we married, I don�t want to hear it, smile. We are in Russellville Ala in a pastor�s house. He�d asked us to come and preach for him in the Sunday morning service. It was so difficult on us financially that often for breakfast we had to (( split )) a biscuit and gravy at Hardee�s food chain. God had performed many miracles in order for us to go full time just as he has for countless others that had given their life to his will and service, but extreme pressure was mounting going from $600.00 plus to $50.00 a week. I�m not talking the 1950�s here but 1984. It just couldn�t be done with a child still in diapers and you had to buy food and gas for the car. We never knew where we we�re going to stay, this was by faith even though God had said go. ((That�s another story)). My dad had told me verbatim, That I Was a Fool for leaving a good job. The country had been in a recession for years and was just starting to make a come back through President Reagan and then I up and went to preach the gospel, this infuriated my father who was a professional, fire marshal of Tampa fl. I had come to the conclusion that I might have made a huge mistake leaving my job with no promise of our next meal. I went into the bedroom after talking with the pastor whom I had met a few hours earlier. It was 3:30 am Sunday morning. I had not told my wife, but I came to realize that we couldn�t make it like this no more, something had to happen and quick, I couldn�t sleep, couldn�t eat and my nerves we�re shot. I went in the room with my wife in the bed asleep and my son on a pallat on the floor, fell down to my knees and started crying. My fist we�re clinched and I was hitting the floor and (( I told God )) While crying that I couldn�t take it no more, I�m through, I�m going home, I�ll start my life over and most of all I�ll face my father, tell him he was right, I am a fool and irresponsible, having my wife and son out here and not making enough to feed my face let alone my wife and child and him in diapers. I went to bed, laid down and went right to sleep and as soon as I did I heard a loud voice saying (( I Am With You )) Now, I would love to tell you that I said Here am I lord send me but that�s not true. I sat up quickly looked at my wife who was asleep and said, what are you doing hollering at me. She lifted up her head and asked me what I was talking about. Not concentrating on what was being said I looked at my son then around the room and seen nothing, shrugged my shoulders and knew I was more stressed out than I thought and laid down. I started to dose off when a loud voice said slowly, ( I AM WITH YOU)!! Again I sat up and looked at my wife expecting to see her sitting up and talking in her sleep, yes she has been know to talk a lot while sleeping when she is real tried. But there she was sleep like Cinderella and Matthew my son still laying on the floor and not moved. I looked around the room again, sure to see someone but not a person in site. I thought, am I going crazy, wow, then laid back down, closed my eyes and this time I hadn�t fell asleep, when suddenly a (( BREATH )) hit the side of my face and a voice literally rattled my ear. I sat up instantly, I knew I wasn�t asleep, I felt the wind, I heard the voice and My Ear Did Rattle as if someone spoke within inches of my head and he said (( Bruce, I AM WITH YOU )) !! This time however he also called my name. I didn�t look at my wife or son, I knew it was the lord or a messenger and he was speaking for god. It was at this time I remembered the words that was spoken. Writing this I�m moved with tears because I know that god can speak, he�s not dead but ALIVE, he can and will talk to you either by his voice or angel or dream or prophet or word of knowledge or prophesy. He will Speak to you!! No we did not go home the next day, I did not have to tell my father he was right, we did make it, we have touched, healed, restored and lead to god multitudes, no things didn�t change right away but (( the facts )) (( not faith )) we�re that Jehovah Jirah , (( My Lord, My Provider )) was with me and my family and yes little Mattew has a sister, they�re both grown, saved and he is a man of god preaching his word and the god of his father is Speaking To Him like Abraham�s God spoke to Issaac and Issaac�s to Jacob�s. God Bless what do you think? Smile

Candyapplew

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2008 01:20 PM

Wow, Bruce, this is amazing. It brought me to tears aloso:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2008 12:54 PM

This is an awesome testimony. I have not audibly heard God's voice. When I hear a still small voice within, I think it is just me because I have never had confirmation that it is God. I wish with all my heart that God would speak to me.

shalom2008

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2008 12:25 AM

some have said there are places, pills and institutions for people that hear god but this is a christian dating site and thank god we know that god can do anything he wants............. all i can say is his voice is so powerful, he didnt need to let me feel his breath or rattle my ear but he did,,,,,,,,,, it was very humbling bruce!!!!!

Robina

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2008 07:24 PM

:applause::glow::glow::applause::applause:

A testimony to be shared there are so many that do not know the Lord promises that we can hear His voice and not follow the voice of a stranger. Thanks for sharing. By the word of our testimony and the blood of the Lamb we overcome

Yes Lord

RobinA

Robina

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2008 07:42 PM

The still small voice is one of the ways that the Lord will speak to us. But everything that we hear in a still small voice must align with the bible, and peace will follow the voice of the Lord every time. It is our right as children of God to hear our heavenly Father's voice.

Get to know Him for yourself and you will begin to recognize His voice.

RobinA

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2008 04:13 PM

God's voice is every where if only we will open our ears and listen. He speakes in the wishper of the trees, in the gentle blowing of the wind. But He also speaks through us if we open our hearts and hear Him and step out. Thank God he does speak to us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2008 06:46 PM

i have not heard the audible voice of God but he has spoken to my spirit exactly when i needed to hear him on many occassions. One example. I came back to God in 1980in September. i was laid off my job and April was near. God said income tax on about three occassions. I had not filed in four years and in obedience i filed explaining to god that he better pay it because i was broke. They owed me almost 800 dollars in 1980 economy and they paid it. Craig

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2008 04:26 AM

god is the only one who can speak loud and no one else hear him,,,,,,, he is unique in that he is god and can shake a mountian with his voice,,,,, he can speak to paul and none standing by can hear him or he can shake heaven as the voice of many waters,,,,,,

I never under stood how god spoke to me so loudly and yet he was just talking and not hollering loudly yet it was very loud,,,,, no one else in the room heard it but me,,,,,

no doubt God can pull you into his spiritual realm,,, the unseen anytime he wants,,,,, or he can come into our realm and let all hear,,,,, he can give you open visions,,,,, or visits you on your bed in visions of the night according to job 33;14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

16Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, HE IS GOD!!!!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2008 08:22 PM

Bruceee....

Who are you trying to convince? Huh?

Everything you said in this forum, we already know. So whats up? Have you been busy trying to convince some heathens of the gift of life thru Jesus Christ? Huh? And you just want us to re-assure you, cover you in the blood, strengthen you and where two or three come together, Jesus is in the midst? Okay....I got it.

**Abba Father, Jesus Christ I give you the highest praise. You are the great I AM, the only God and no one can touch you. I bring to your attention, Bruce-the Hedgedweller. He needs your touch Lord, he needs your strength and he needs your refreshing. Hes been doing battle with some demons and hes grown a bit weary. Bruce knows he can do all things thru Christ that strengthens him. So, I bring him to you in faith, my faith is that you will give him what he needs to complete his tasks that he has been given to do by you. Touch him, heal him, deliver him, refresh him, build him up and remind him of Matthew 24. Time is quickly coming to an end and we all we soon be going home. Thank you Abba Father for answering my prayer, in Jesus name, AMEN.

Peace & Love

Seleta

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2008 05:42 PM

Bruce,

I don't think you're trying to "convince" anyone of anything; just sharing an amazing testimony that has brought tears to my eyes and a feeling of thankfulness at the fact that our God is so Powerfull; as well as Loving.Thank God there are still Men of God today, (like you),who share without hesitation; spiritual revelations.There are many people out there who"don't know it already": so please keep writing!

We're listening and growing.Thank you!

Deborahe

Page : 1 2