History
divorced = second best?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 02:57 PM

...what do u think?

View Profile
History
divorced = second best?
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 05:15 AM

Definitely not! We're the best (single/widowed/divorced) if we are in His will by His power. If our goal is to live according to His word then we are honoring our Saviour. If not, then we are doing a disservice to our Lord and the institution of marriage. One good thing with being divorced is that if the person learned anything from the first time around, they will make every effort to not repeat this offense to God the second time around.

View Profile
History
divorced = second best?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 01:57 PM

There are churches out there not filled with the Holy Spirit.. they are based on legalism and tradition above a relationship with the Lord, ergo clergy needing to understand the age of biblical grace. Instead of preaching "new", "forgiveness", and unconditional love they teach hate and profiling of believers who have made either a mistake in the past, or a poor choice with an abusive spouse. Truly, I do not believe it is any human beings job to sentence for life someone who wishes to love another and be loved in a Godly sanctified marriage. While it is true that God hates divorce, take a look at King David.. there is no record in my KJV of 700 marriage ceremonies, or several hundred concubines. We could theorize that Kind David was a womanizer, and we can also theorize that the biblical meaning of 'laying' with a woman or person means "instant marriage" if consummating any kind of relationship. King Davids example is a lot like the worldly person of today that simply lives for youthful lusts or carnal agendas.

Life with God isn't about hell and damnation for breaking one of the Old Testament laws (Gods perfect laws). If you break one commandment it is like breaking all of them. Even on our best day(even the folks who believe they have no sin at all) we all fall short of the glory of God. Our righteousness is as filthy rags to Him, He is that perfect and that Holy!

It's a true shame churches out there exist who would rather beat you down in condemnation, than gently lift you up in love like Jesus would do. Leave the eternal judging and punishment to God, and pray for wisdom and understanding if you have been fooled into thinking or believing divorced people are not really divorced. Can God break something apart that He has joined, most certaintly.. He does it when our time is up in this fallen world.

Do you go to a person who has been married 5 times for relationship/marriage advice... absolutely not!! Seriously though, I've met many divorced believers who turned to Jesus during their relationship and the other became hostile to the truth. A divorce was the result, and after a good bit of healing the divorced believer seeks out a future spouse where the *new covenant* will glorify Him. I've seen it a good number of times with new covenants that truly glorify God.. don't let a simple sinning man in the pulpit condemn you for life, and leave that church if it is all about punishment and what you cannot do since the people there under that wing are being corrupted at heart level.

Jesus = forgiveness, understanding, wisdom, mercy, grace..

sinner in the pulpit = hides sin to appear Godly, denial of sin, unrighteous judging, eternal judgment and punishment.

Some people just need to work on a better, closer relationship with Jesus than the man in the front of the church pretending to be God or His final authority. There are great spirit filled churches out there, but a lot of bad churches that will poison you quickly as well even though the message is sweet to the ears.

Sundaybix

View Profile
History
divorced = second best?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 04:18 AM

Thank u

View Profile
History
divorced = second best?
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 08:31 AM

I couldn't agree with you more Cattle. Paul stated that we should be as he was, single. But if one can't then I believe that they should marry instead to burn with passion. Sex outside of marriage is forbidden!!! I believe that the single folks should marry the single folks. I also think that I would want to marry a divorced person because they know exactly how painful divorce is and would more than likely not want to repeat that kind of pain, like the dog going back to its vomit. I do believe that although GOD hates divorce, HE does allow it only for certain circumstances only. It IS NOT A WAY OUT, just because one is tired of their spouse!!!!! I believe infidelity and abuse ONLY are reasons for divorce. Even with infidelity I know couples who came out stronger by seeking counseling. So even then it all depends on the person and if they repented of their sin. I DO NOT take marriage lightly and no Christ follower should.

MrDiscern42

View Profile
History
divorced = second best?
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 09:42 PM

I agree with what you are trying to say but I think you meant King Solomon. King David slept with Bathsheba and their first born died because of their sin. God hates sin, but he didn't cast David out of his will, David still remained king and God's man. Jesus said God hates divorce and in the beginning this was not so, but the hardening of the heart of man, God allowed Moses to institute divorce. So man can be sort of excused, because Gods chosen people could never get it right. We just keep on sinning/going and going like the energizer bunny, but His lovingkindness, mercy, grace just continue to abound. He is a God of second chances we must continue to go to Jesus our sin filter so that out of us can flow clean living water. The word of God is preached to the edifying: not condemnation that's satan's job to continue to bring up charges against us day and night.

Page : 1 2