Author Thread: Ladies, what is the origin of this statement?
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Ladies, what is the origin of this statement?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2016 10:41 PM

This comes from a profile I read, and I've heard this said a number of times in different ways.

"Also, I've learned that no man could ever make me feel complete. Christ completed me when He died on the cross for me."

Yet, I read in scripture:

"For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete." 2 Corinthians 13:9

So how is it that you were completed at the cross, when you weren't even born when Christ died on the cross for us; and, Paul says that they were praying that people become complete? God also says He says He will continue to perfect us until the day of redemption?

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will continue to perform it (complete it) until the day of Jesus Christ."

If we were made complete, He would not be working to make us perfect, and we would not be under a command to be complete, as it would be something done and out of our control.

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

Have you misunderstood what is said in Colossians 2:10 and thought that was a one time act on the part of God?

"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power."

Two things. There is a difference between a positional truth, which is to be fulfilled at a later time, and a present truth. This is why it says in Romans to "reckon ourselves dead unto sin", even though we are not. Positionally, we are. Practically, we are not. That is why we are told to consider the positional truth the active truth of our lives, let we be in sin. Not all the blessings and riches we have been given are in our hands. Completion in Christ is such a truth.

Also, the word in that verse is the same Greek word, pleroo, as the word in Ephesians 5:18, which says, "Do not be drunk with wine, but be filled (pleroo) with the Spirit. Again, it's not a one time for all time thing like salvation.

We are free from the eternal penalty if we be in Christ, but we are not free from the temporal penalty, (I Cor. 3); nor are we free from the presence of sin.

Satan wants you to be imbalanced in your relationships with men because he wants to destroy marriage. He is constantly filling the minds of people with warped ideas about gender equality. That is because he hates you, and wants you to be unfulfilled and unsatisfied in marriage. Stop listening to that liar.

Please, do your own word study on the word complete, and see this fraud the enemy has foisted on women for yourself.

Now, does that mean you need a man to complete you? No. But be careful, as there is both truth and lie in what she put on her profile. Don't think you are already completed once for all time in all aspects of completion in Christ, and have been since the cross; or that men are not essential in the lives of women. Those things are not true.

If you want to hear an excellent speaker on the issue of love and marriage, the relationship between a husband and his wife, let me recommend Dr. Voddie Baucham. The guy is brilliant at breaking the bread, and showing hidden gems that will blow you away.