Author Thread: marrying a plain christian woman?
Admin

marrying a plain christian woman?
Posted : 3 Dec, 2016 04:12 PM

i have been on here for a long time now,and i haven't had much success. i have only been on one date in my life and it didn't go so well. i have thought about giving up,but i have seen plain women from the amish and mennonite communities in the area. i have thought about asking one of them out or to propose marriage. they are nice,they don't judge you for every little thing,and don't care how much money you have or if you don't have much. if your a good person and have strong faith in god,that is all that matters to them. they wear long dresses,head-coverings,and wear no makeup,but they are obedient,caring,loyal,and there is less likely they have children from previous relationships unless they are widows. what do you think? would an amish or mennonite woman,be a suitable companion for a person with a disability who has been put down by society.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2016 09:31 PM

To be fair to them, why would they want to date someone outside their faith?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2016 08:20 AM

yes it's true that the amish only marry within their faith,but the mennonites don't mind,as long as the person is christian. i talked with some mennonite women,and they are very nice and don't judge you for every little thing. i have a disability and i have tried to find true love,but it's just been one rejection after another. also i live in a rural area,and there's no places to hang out or to meet women. also most my age are married,taken,or are single moms.

mochasmile

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2016 11:10 AM

How you package yourself can also make a difference.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2016 12:35 PM

Ugh then just do it brother. You have already made up your mind on the subject long ago from the past post you have done.

Mind you I have many friends and family that have Aspergers. Some have a very hard time functioning in society but I have never seen them use it as an excuse when things get tough. They are real good problem solvers given enough alone time.

True is is a disability to a degree. It's hard for them to find jobs they can do and keep them. It is also very hard for them to socialize find a potential date and make friends.

But the great thing about an Aspie is they are tenacious and keep trying.

They are not disabled they are able to do many things sometimes even better than others due to the fact that their minds think differently than the rest.

So please know you are not handicapped in this you ARE able to do more than you are giving yourself credit for.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2016 03:52 PM

the reason why i have a hard time functioning sometimes is i didn't get the help i should have gotten when i was younger. my mom had problems and my dad didn't fully understand my condition. also by the time my second sister was born,my parents didn't get along,they kept most of their arguments a secret form me and my siblings. which is why i was drawn to the amish and mennonite churches. strong family and community values and since they don't have much or need much to be happy,i would probably fit in.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2016 03:55 PM

Spot on Grey, you hit the nail on the head, Jesus would be proud, well if it wasn't a sin..... pride that is. you are right in saying that what some call disability is actually quite an advantage in a lot of circumstances, I think Garfield is saying is what a lot of guys are feeling, guys just want to be respected and accepted as guys without having to be what society says they should be or how they should be, less suffragette and more of an insufferable git (pun intended) , guys are happy being the guys and they want the girls to be happy being girls, traditional gender/role models if you like or if that is what fits, trying to be modern even for the modern man is so darn hard, even touchy feely guys that are in touch with themselves emotionally still like to be gruff and moody, cue dark clouds and the crack of lightning, they just want the girls to like them for being men whoever or wherever they are at..... YAY HOMER !! we love ya ! save me some doughnuts.

I think the moral of this story is, there are so many stories and not one is of lesser worth than any other, we all want to tell a story with a happy outcome. Go Garfield GO !

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2016 10:06 AM

We all are messed up in some way or form from childhood. I have many scars myself. Because no one knew my condition

. Same come be said with my friends with Aspergers. I have one friend In particular that had the strongest Asperger symptoms. Only now does a few of her family members understand her condition and she is 30 years old. She's been to several psychologist. Not some but all of them where dumbfounded by her and say that she is too smart. Some said for her to move away into a big city so she could use her set of skills better.

She developed fast as a baby, Observed a lot and learned really fast. And even one day she just got up and started walking to get her toy. All signs of an autistic baby.

This girl is a very close friend to me so I studied up on her condition.

I know she doesn't have normal emotions, has cold logic but when it comes down to it still has a loving heart. Has chronic Ennui but that's because she cannot hope/ lie to herself. May spend 3 Days to 5 just sitting in the dark In her room because the noises and and thoughs are too much. Some days she trips over her words so bad that she can't speak so she uses other methods of communication. Forgets to eat when she has finds something fascinating to study. When things come at her in life she breaks things down in equations so she can see it better. There is way more to it . The easiest way I can describe her Asperger's is that she's just like Sherlock Holmes without the Narcissism.

She is an aspie that also has terrible conditions thrown at her. Including a severely messed up broken family. no one understands her except a few but she still goes on. She still continues to try despite everything in sheer lack of willpower and stubbornness.

I have more friends and family with this condition. Some don't even know it. Well others won't admit it because it's a form of autism. I have studied up on this so I could help brake the barrier between them and others. It's a sort of unknown language and conditions to follow And I have a lot to learn. I'm doing this so that they won't feel so secluded In their life.Some use their Disability As a crutch, a kind of I can't change because I am this way or this is what happened to me, please don't fall into this state Garfield, God made you stronger than you know.

And as I stated before it seems you've already made up your mind then just go do it. But mind you what I've learned from most aspies is they don't like to be told what to do and don't like to held down in anyway (which is why a lot cannot handle most jobs.) But they are extremely head strong and once they make up their minds they go for it. It usually doesn't work well though if they are meeting with these conditions.

Which if you do go through with this you will indeed be told a lot of what to do and what not to do, and you may feel trapped. Which is so not good. Epic meltdown could happen. But maybe your the type that doesn't mind it. Theres a few that don't. Thought I've never met one.

Just be careful. I know it sounds appealing but really think about the situation and living situation you will be in.

Positive side of Aspies: super thinkers, trustworthy, say what they mean, most cannot lie to save their live, will keep their word, task oriented, and once you are excepted as a friend or loved one they will stay by your side.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2016 01:39 PM

Brilliant reply spooky well thought out and succinctly put..

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2016 07:43 AM

OtisDesigns. Ugh. I promise I'm not trying to be rude. :< I honestly can't tell if you are being sincere with your message or not. ^^ So to play it safe I will thank you for the compliment. And if it was negative message then I'm sorry. ._. I know I rant too much and my subjects are jumbled. I think I'm bad at it replying to messages.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2016 02:37 PM

Dear Ms Grey,

on a subject such as this I try to keep humour to a minimum, it's more important to me that when others come along and view this kind of post that they see well thought out responses and caring attitudes, after all without mercy and understanding what good are we ???

as for ranting, I don't think so, your words were structured focussed and caring, if by rant you mean recounting others experience and family members responses, I took that to be you indicating how people respond to challenging situations outside of their comfort zone or understanding.

I have had a look at your profile and have come to the conclusion that you are quite wise for your years, so I would only want to encourage that as wise and caring people are in short supply, so be encouraged as you have certainly encouraged me.

Clever people can draw a thread through many subjects, the only problem with clever people is that sometimes they don't appreciate the light that they bring, in a jumbled jungle the one with a ball of string is a King, or in your case a Queen, ok then a Princess if you insist.

Much respect

Otis

Page : 1 2