Author Thread: Why Do You Object to Gay "Marriage" but Eat Shrimp?
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Why Do You Object to Gay "Marriage" but Eat Shrimp?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2017 08:03 PM

Dr. Voddie Baucham does a great job of explaining the issues involved.

http://www.voddiebaucham.org/sermons/sermon/2015-02-06/why-do-you-object-to-gay-marriage-but-eat-shrimp

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2017 11:34 AM

this is a straw man arguement !

Hark

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2017 11:01 AM

The video is approximately 40 minutes long. I don't have time to watch it. On the surface it appears that he is attempting to justify eating shrimp (disobedience to YHWH) .I hope that this is not the case.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2017 12:50 PM

Hark, i attempted to read his super extremely long do called statement of faith, it was more like reading a novel. He copied and pasted the short chatecism and other stuff. I could share my faith in Messiah in 2 minutes, that guy needs 2 days.

By the way, who is this guy Voodoo anyway, just a man. I do not see why anyone puts him on a pedistal as the authority of the Word of GOD Almighty.

Just the thoughts of a simple person.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2017 01:21 PM

Hark, i attempted to read his super extremely long do called statement of faith, it was more like reading a novel. He copied and pasted the short chatecism and other stuff. I could share my faith in Messiah in 2 minutes, that guy needs 2 days.

By the way, who is this guy Voodoo anyway, just a man. I do not see why anyone puts him on a pedistal as the authority of the Word of GOD Almighty.

Just the thoughts of a simple person.

YeshuaIsLord1

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2017 06:48 AM

Because Yeshua said that what makes a man unclean is not what goes into the body and down the toilet.

Matthew 15:10-1221st Century King James Version (KJ21)

10 And He called the multitude and said unto them, �Hear and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.�

12 Then came His disciples and said unto Him, �Knowest Thou that the Pharisees were offended after they heard this saying?�

Sounds like Jesus rocked their theology.

Hark

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2017 08:27 PM

YeshuaIsLord1 said: "Because Yeshua said that what makes a man unclean is not what goes into the body and down the toilet.

Matthew 15:10-1221st Century King James Version (KJ21)

10 And He called the multitude and said unto them, �Hear and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.�

12 Then came His disciples and said unto Him, �Knowest Thou that the Pharisees were offended after they heard this saying?�"

====================================

I've heard many Christians present Matthew 15:11 out of context, in an attempt to justify their disregard for YHWH's commands.

I encourage them to read this chapter in context. Yashua is exposing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees, regarding a man made tradition of washing hands to eat bread, in contrast to their disregard for YHWH's commands.

Matthew 5:18 KJV

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law

1 John 3:4

Whoever commits sin transgresses also the LAW: for sin is the transgression of the LAW.

gofarm09

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2017 06:48 PM

1Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

1Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

1Timothy 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.