Author Thread: Plan A, B, C
Admin

Plan A, B, C
Posted : 13 Mar, 2017 12:35 PM

One of my elders was talking in church how he wishes he could have the close intimacy with God all the time that he experiences some of the time. As part of our discussion another elder had mentioned the fact that we do not belong to ourselves. We belong to God now.

It occurred to me that perhaps we don't experience that constant intimacy with God because we're not following His plan for our lives. If you're like me, you're living Plan B of your life, or maybe even Plan C. We're saved, we go to church, we do good works out of love for God, etc, but we still love ourselves too much. We aren't willing to completely give ourselves up for Christ by selling everything we own and moving someplace in the world where people need to hear the Gospel and need to be fed and clothed and sheltered, and served, etc, which is actually Plan A, God's plan.

The point is not to condemn anyone for not doing this, but to live in truth and reality. We should not deceive ourselves by thinking we're living out God's will for our lives if we're not really doing that. It was just a thought I had.

View Profile
History
Plan A, B, C
Posted : 13 Apr, 2017 07:50 AM

I believe God is certain that He planned everything that is going to happen all at once. No one is excluded to doing what all Christ followers must do and He never said that finances alone are the only tools to reach out the unreached. If there are plans B and C, it is more like saying we can obey our own will and He is not capable of planning. We are putting merits on our own selves this way but as we mature to mature manhood we are learning to not just prepare and be equipped to mission work but to set ourselves as living examples and if you would like to add D, we should depend on Christ alone not what we can do because apart from Him we can do nothing.

View Profile
History
Plan A, B, C
Posted : 13 Apr, 2017 07:56 AM

I wanted to add everything that we must do is all included in plan A. Adoration and Application.