Author Thread: Help me out guys
Admin

Help me out guys
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:39 PM

A few weeks ago, I started communicating with someone I met through eHarmony. We emailed for a few days and then started talking on the phone. I researched him a little online and he's definitely legit. Our phone conversations usually lasted for 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours and were casual and laid-back, but we laughed and had a good time chatting. Then he took a group of students on a youth camp trip and he called me just before he left. He didn't necessarily say he'd call me when he got back, but he said he would "talk to me later." I had no reason to think something might be off, but he's been back for almost a week and I haven't heard from him. I tried calling him, but the phone kept ringing (it's a landline and apparently he doesn't have an answering machine). Yesterday I sent him a short and casual email asking him how his trip went. Still haven't heard back, which is very odd, considering we were in touch almost everyday before the trip. What do you think? Could something have happened or is it likely he's just not interested? And if he's not interested anymore, why on earth doesn't he just say so?

tristan07

View Profile
History
Help me out guys
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:48 PM

Errr, that's one thing I hate more then anything, the old nocommunication thing. I have spent almost the entirety of my adult life married, so I dont have alot of experiance with this cept for way back when, but I do recall how jiterry I would get when the phone wouldnt ring, escpecially when it was a break in the usual rather then a gradual tapering off.

My gal and I talk for hours every day, but she has 4 kids and is in the end stages of moving back to her home state, finishing up at her job, and wrestling with 4 kids, and finishing with a bunch of baseball games, so I havenet heard from her hardly at all. normally I would be freakin out, but under the circumstances, I figure shes just busy as all get out.

Now as to your case, guess it's hard to say. as you dont have a long time to judge from. I would just say be at ease about it, lay it on the lord and just remember its all in his hands anyway. If this fella doesnt contact you eventually, well, then just rewind back a little while back before you even knew him and move on. Until you find out either way, dont be a pest, just rest i guess. wow that all rhymes... hah

- alex

View Profile
History
Help me out guys
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:56 PM

dear proverbs, lessen his doctor calls you and tells you hes still in the hospital id forget about him and move on.. cause when they wont try to get back to ya and you are gettin the cold shoulder so ro speak.. he aint interisted anymore for some reason. and usually its because theres someone else.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Help me out guys
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 12:12 PM

Thanks guys!! Your advice is very helpful - I appreciate it.

View Profile
History
Help me out guys
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 09:27 PM

Just checked my eHarmony account. Apparently, the guy closed me out 'cause he's "taking a break from dating." Well alrighty then. Would have been nice if he had sent me an email or something. Oh well . . . no hard feelings.