Author Thread: Knowing men
Aprilberdz87

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 05:53 AM

Hi Guyz! Men and women are extremely opposite. So may we ask how you think? And how can we communicate well with you coz we often times talk to a men just like on how we communicate with gal friends, and surely that sounds drama to you😂

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 01:13 PM

Hello Aprilberdz87,

Good question, but in general ladies are more capable of handling communication than gentlemen and I think it is men who, from one point onward, talk to their significant half as their buddy.

All in all, I think it depends on the man. The same way a woman wants to know that she is courted and wanted not only for her physical appearance but first and foremost for her personality, a real man wants to know that he is being treated nice not because of his financial capacity but his personality.

Both genders want to feel respected for what they are. So I guess the best way is to treat a man like a man, not like an effeminate whitewashed version of political correctness. A real man does not represent brutality, but stability. He does not represent force, but passion. He detests violence, but admires persistence. This is wyh the word gentleman has both words in it:

gentle and man.

I am not sure whether it helped or not though...

Peace!

Pirate

Aprilberdz87

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 03:52 PM

Thanks Pirate!

I did learn something from your answer...

And as i read this it most of us are unaware that we are being unaware that when we communicate we sound like wanting to win in our views, and when we encourages men you feel insecured or maybe were so hard headed trying to fix things with you talking bout it right away and itmakes you draws back , so how can we improve in this way?

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 04:54 PM

Communication is a complex issue, and I am no expert in this field. But for example, men have a need to feel they are CAPABLE. So, let's say your car breaks down and your husband or boyfriend gets out of the car to fix the problem. Then after 45 minutes, if you want to call someone else for help or if you ask your husband or boyfriend to call for help, men assume that you have lost confidence in them. You feel they are incompetent. And that's very bad.

Aprilberdz87

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 05:01 PM

Haha... Thanks silver!

Lol that's it women think we are helping but the truth is we are not aware that we make you feel incapable...

Thanks guyz! keep answering, i am learning..

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 05:25 PM

Some people are introverts and some are extroverts. Extroverts feel energized by talking to friends and anybody. Introverts, on the other hand, feel drained by talking. They recharge their batteries when they are alone and don't have to talk to people. So, as result, extroverts become people persons. They are great with words. They know how to encourage, how to manipulate, how to inspire, how to persuade, how to defend, etc. They are masters of the WORD. Introverts, know what they want or what they think, but they are not always able to express it precisely and there may be awkward moments and big misunderstandings which result in further silence. The introvert learns that it's best not to open his/her mouth, because the end result is always trouble. So, there are different people with different levels of competence. Some people are very good at crafting sentences, and some are not so good.

Many people dislike introverts because they are usually surrounded by a "cloud" of awkwardness. LOL However, an introvert person can give you 100% attention, so if you need someone to listen to you, an introvert is the best. An extrovert has a need to talk to many people, and will eventually get tired of talking to one person only. The extrovert needs friends (plural!). The introvert needs a friend. Extroverts are very good at expressing themselves; they rarely have to think long and hard about what they are going to say. They just say it. Introverts, on the other hand, carefully think about what they want to say, and even then, they may later change their minds and think, "OH NO! I shouldn't have said that! That's terrible!"

The keyboard is the introverts' friend. Why? Because of the Backspace key! Backspace allows us to sound eloquent and awesome! LOL People like to be around extroverts, because they say what's on their mind. Introverts are like a closed book. You don't know what they are thinking. You don't know whether they are hostile or friendly. It's all a mystery! I like introverts because I am myself an introvert, and feel like I am better able to understand other introverts. But at the same time, I know that two introverts who are not very good with words will have to watch more carefully not to hurt each other or not to misunderstand each other...because it's very easy.

Of all people that I know, my pastor is the best communicator. He is excellent. He is very careful not to be misunderstood. He talks a lot about communication, and it is just amazing to listen to him, because he is a master of words. It's like watching a professional tennis player. When you're watching the pros play, they make it look easy. You're watching them play, and you're thinking, "Man this is so easy, I could do it!" My pastor is like that when he talks. He makes talking sound so easy.

Aprilberdz87

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 22 Sep, 2017 05:43 PM

Thanks silver!

Very well said.. I'm introvert too, sometimes I would hate myself coz i can't express what i want to say in an eloquent way when i opens my mouth. Lol but when i just speak in mind i felt like I'm an expert. Lol...

But i have a funny and bubbly side too... Hehe

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 29 Sep, 2017 12:56 PM

I have to agree on the whole with Silver, those greys are there for a reason...... I prefer honest conversation with a little seasoning, throw in a curve ball that sends the conversation into the outfield and I'm happy as I can be to go on an intellectual jaunt, nuts bolts and connecting tissues the mechanics of being, we blokes like our toys and if it's an intellectual toy even better, that's why some men like to have heated sports debates, gross generalisation yes, truthful yes, women seem more concerned with the emotional or societal questions, that's why rom coms are so popular and that's why guys run to the mens club on those nights, but it points to differences in not only how we percieve the world but also how we approach questions, roadside mechanic silver to the rescue, so now we are here I'll ask this question how do you feel when you have connected on an emotional level with a man ? see playing to your strengths, for my part perhaps less emotion and more quantifying and qualifying, we like to stack and pack and put everything in it's place, even in our man caves we know where everything is....err one mo....gimme a sec, it's here somewhere, it's easier for us men to answer a question that is disconnected from emotion, nuts and bolts, but we also know we only have one half of the question or answer so as to your question how to communicate, leave out the emotion until the man is sure it's safe to retrieve that particular box from the top shelf, gross over generalisation but the picture holds truth, as do a few of my grey hairs and if you do have to include drama put a spoiler alert up so we know what's coming and then we can dig out the manual on emotional mechanics. another way to inclde dramatic or contentious stuff is to use humour, then we can access our emotional state in a safe manner pursuant to Emotional health and safety regulations 2005

Mark445^

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 29 Sep, 2017 07:25 PM

There is a clip on youtube called "a tale of two brains", by Mark Gungor. It is a humorous look at the two genders. Focused more toward married couples but still has some interesting points for all.

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 30 Sep, 2017 05:19 PM

well spotted Mark, or should I say you hit the Mark ?

View Profile
History
Knowing men
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 01:44 AM

Got the whole series (4 seminars) a while back. Funny guy even though his casual lapses into "taking the Lord's name in vain" do make me cringe a lot.... yes woman are completely incapable of understanding the male need for a "nothing box" and the resulting frustration tends to be rather funny if you allow it to be.

Page : 1 2