Author Thread: What if a guy stops writing to you
beautiful_rose_8

View Profile
History
What if a guy stops writing to you
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 08:17 AM

What if a guy writes to you on here and then he suddenly stops writing to you for like a week. I asked the guy what was going on, if everything was okay because he wasnt writing to me, and he took an attitude and said, "is everything okay with you..ive just been busy with work and church.." But I wrote back to apologizing because I didn't think he would take it that way but since then he hasn't written to me. It's been almost a week. I'm new at this whole dating on the web thing. Any help?

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 01:01 PM

the beauty of ask guy, ask a gal, its a blurred line.

Anyway from a woman, i get guys who quit writing to me all the time. let me write that again, all the time. there was even one from minnesota, and we wrote one time a week or less frequently for a few months, since then i've written twice and no response. So there is the side they could have found someone of interest where they live, plus, more than a weekly email, might appear you are living on the computer, and the last idea is computer melt down... my wireless got disconnected and i was off for three days. Also, i make it a point to be off for a week or so because this can be addictive.... reading the chat forums! life is living outside the keyboard. plus-plus... it's a beautiful day!

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 02:36 PM

Hey beautiful rose,

Angelfish made some good points; plus, the thing I've been finding frustrating is that you don't know what's going on on the other end of the line. You have no idea what's going on this other person's life, or what they're perceiving.. yada yada.

I agree, it's a little annoying. This is the downside of the online dating scene. The upsides are the numbers of people, everything is up front and out in the open before you even meet - there's lot of things I really like about it - but what you're bringing up is one of the things I don't like.

It isn't even a "goodbye" or something you can deal with and move on; it's this vague... nothingness.

I've been stuck at the computer a lot the past couple of weeks, and I agree - this can be addictive and distracting. It's more fun to surf the forums then it is to do actual WORK on the computer (which is what I should be doing - although right now I came in to eat some supper and surf).

Though sadly, I must say - if I was interested in a lady - I mean, genuinely interested, I'd be writing at least SOMEthing, even if it was only a short "Swamped - can't write - hang tight for a few"

So I hate to say it, I'd suggest forgetting about him and moving on. Sometimes a week or two can BLOW by so fast, and you don't realize it if you've been really busy; but I would think in the midst of that, if he was really interested, he'd take some time for you at least - even if only to say "sorry, I can't talk right now."

:-(

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 08:52 PM

dear rose, go find you someone else that wants to write you back..

ole cattle

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:37 AM

They might have liked your profile and maybe your pics, and wanted to get to know you more. And then after that, they realized after getting to know u a bit better that they really werent interested. But how do u say to someone "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in you anymore. I think we should stop talking." I mean, it's hard for a lot of people to do that. The easiest thing for them to do is to stop talking to u and hope u get the point. So yea, that's probably why guys stop talking to you. Honestly, even if someone's computer went bad, if they were attracted to you, infatuation would probably get them to a library or friend's computer within a week or so to tell you what happened. Otherwise they probably just aren't interested.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 06:36 PM

Cattleman has a point -- give up the ghost and move on. It's all you can do. It's happenned to me and I've only been on this site a couple of weeks. Guess there's a down side to things, but let it go and Move On.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:19 PM

dear 53, you and rose both deserve better..

ole cattle

beautiful_rose_8

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 07:38 AM

well thanks so much for the advice. I will move on with my life and let that go because I do deserve better.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 08:54 AM

dear rose, now amen lady..

ole cattle