Author Thread: Help!!!!
Admin

Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 09:10 AM

I have been on here for several weeks without any interest. Can you help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Sending out "winks" without getting any response. Let me know what you think of my profile, no holes barred, so I can get an idea of what I need to do. Feeling left out, Help!!!:goofball:

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 11:55 AM

sweetheart I know Im not a guy but put a big inviting smile on that pretty face. Give it time. You'll get responses.

God bless,

k.ayn

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 12:06 PM

Thanks for the pep talk. Need all the good words I can get. Keep me in your prayers.

Peggy

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 12:24 PM

dear folks, i agree with k ayn... also it takes time. cause youre just lookin for that one right one..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 12:36 PM

:applause:another woman's view.

read the book "staging your comeback" by hopkins. apply his tips to your looks. 2nd: most men can read only pictures (that's a play cattleman).Also men assume slender= healthy and active. Not necessarily true as just this morning in my cardio tennis class, there was a woman on heart meds and she is younger than me! so in your interests and description of yourself suggest some of the physical activities you do.Of course, start doing some new sports/activities.

also, look in the history as one member did a fantastic job for tips on creating profiles. good luck.

ian777

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 02:24 PM

"most men can read only pictures " haha!

Okay, now that I've gotten that outa the road...

Hey needs,

First of all - be patient. Sadly, there's not much traffic here. Also, a lot of profiles are still on here from people who literally have not come here in months, sometimes years - so a wink is actually going nowhere; it's never getting received.

Then, for every wink/interest you send out, the return rate is going to be low. Most will not even respond, which really is a response whether we like it or not.

A few weeks is nothing - I hate to say this and I don't want to sound discouraging, because I'm of the same ilk as you - I want things NOW. I figure if I'm getting nowhere, it's because I'm doing something wrong - or maybe things just take time. There's people who've been on some of these sites for YEARS.

As for your profile, remember - a picture is worth a thousand words. Post as many pictures as you can; pictures of you doing things, pictures with you and your dog (if you have one), etc... throw in a funny picture (as long as it doesn't make people wonder about you, and it isn't your primary picture).

I like what you wrote about your dreams and hopes for the future, and what you'd like to do.

Two things that kind of struck me though - your username and this comment: "If you want to have fun, be adored and adore me back please contact me." There's not much you can do about your username, other than to delete your account and start over; but I don't think that's necessary. But your username, combined with that sentence give off an air of desperation - which can be a turn off. I'd recommend ditching the sentence.

I like what you closed with: "Life is good but together we could make it better. " - perhaps add part of the deleted sentence at the end like "If you want to have fun in life, contact me" or something like that?

Also remember: the first sentences are THE most important for a couple of reasons: 1) it's the first thing read. 2) if the person is doing a search, they get a thumbnail of the text in your profile, so they only get to read the first sentences.

Those first sentences and your primary photo need to be grabbers. My original photo blew it for me. Yours is "okay"; there's nothing wrong with it, but perhaps look over a wack of photos (or take a wack of photos) and see if there is perhaps one that is "better."?

Where are you at in your spiritual walk? I'd suggest putting that within the first three sentences. What you wrote at the beginning is good (and took away from that initial "I'm desperate" aura that I sensed and gave off a strong air that you were content - this is good), can you throw something in there about your walk with Christ? What does your walk with Christ mean to you?

You do need some more content; it was Phoenyx that made an excellent post on profiles, but I can't find it now - perhaps if she reads this she can direct us to it, or re-post?

Needs; Are you posting on other sites as well?

I think your biggest thing needed is to be patient, and understand that things don't happen "overnight" here; they might, but it will probably take many weeks to months.

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 03:05 PM

Dear Peggy, Don't be discouraged, there's a certain man God has for you and he's out there wondering the same thing you are. I and many others know how you feel, we all have dry spells where it seems we've been overlooked or feel like the invisible man. As for your profile, you seem like a sweet enough woman to me so maybe hang here on the chats. There's always peoples chatting back and forth here so maybe add your questions or opinions and make some friends....:glow:

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 04:20 PM

dear goldie, lol thank ya for clarifyin.. hehe true nuff though i recon..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 06:10 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. I certainly appreciated it. Good bye all.

ian777

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 07:33 PM

She deleted her profile! Hopefully she's just making a new one...

View Profile
History
Help!!!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 10:34 PM

ian: thanks for the update. this is as close as i get to reality t.v. i like follow up, as long as the bio is brief.

-p

Page : 1 2