Author Thread: Age range
angelsfarm

View Profile
History
Age range
Posted : 6 Apr, 2018 01:29 PM

I'm a simple man, maybe too simple at times. I did a search the other day for women in my area who were within 5 yrs (plus or minus) of my own age. I tried to message a few who were close to me in age but found out that I was above their age range which made me curious.

Any how, I repeated the search, this time excluding those who considered me to be outside their age range. Low & behold, I was outside the age range of more than half the women in what I'd considered my age group. Moreover, a high percentage of those were searching for someone even younger than themselves. I'm not sure if they've been on the site for a bit and never updated their contact preferences...or if this is the world today. Please know, I'm not judging or saying that they're wrong...to each his / her own; just making an effort to understand...any / all theories welcome...

Thank you for reading. Peace and blessings to all...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Age range
Posted : 14 Apr, 2018 03:31 AM

I've come across profiles of middle aged men who are either looking for much younger women. Or stipulate that they dont want someone who has children. I think we have to be a bit more realistic in our expectstions especially as we get older.

View Profile
History
Age range
Posted : 14 Apr, 2018 08:17 PM

I have found the same thing as Jayzee. On this site it seems a bit hard to find someone who is looking for someone in their own age range. We will just keep trusting the Lord to lead our search.

View Profile
History
Age range
Posted : 7 May, 2018 06:39 AM

Well if it's any help, I personally would like to meet a guy who is very near in age to me, not too much older and not too much younger. It's difficult because someone may not necessarily be mature just because they're older. I've seen a lot of guys profiles looking for women much younger which puts me off them immediately and I think is ridiculously unrealistic and fleshly. I like to think that as my future spouse and I get to being older we would still be able to do nice stuff together, like go for a walk or on holiday or do ministry work. If I married a guy a lot older I think this would be less likely and our quality of life would be disappointing. If I married a really young guy it would be a life of pressure because he would probably very energetic and not wanting to chill enough but I guess personality comes into this aswell. I always end up thinking that the problem with these sites is that you just can't beat meeting people in real life, but I'm sure God can use anything.

smitzst

View Profile
History
Age range
Posted : 19 May, 2018 03:22 PM

I think that women are not periodically updating their profiles. This could be due to few male inquiries with repeated results.

angelsfarm

View Profile
History
Age range
Posted : 11 Jun, 2018 03:44 AM

Sadly, I hear so many accounts from the ladies on this site about the poor behaviors of some of the male members on this site that I'm not surprised in the least about them looking below for someone much younger. Personally, I'd prefer to date someone who grew up in the same generation...thank you for the feedback...