Author Thread: How should a man go about finding a good christian wife?
Admin

How should a man go about finding a good christian wife?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 10:41 PM

I'm really tired of being alone but I really do wanna be with the one God has for me. I want to be with my perfect match. How do I find her though? Honestly I've never been in true love before. I don't think most people really truely know what love is either though. I want to know what true love is though. I have felt though that it's loving someone more than yourself and them being the only one you want but allowing them to leave you instead of trying to keep them.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast; it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 04:39 AM

Hi.

Mosy of the people on here know what you mean.

I have 3 things to say. Im preaching to myself here too ok.

1 I was reading a book called Woman be thou loosed by TD Jakes last night.I am sure that this applies to men and women. God is not going to give you to one of His Princes ...or in this case princesses...if you break vows to Him. ( not saying that you are) You are to embrace your singleness and practice Love on God and others through service. we are put in a unique position to be able to focus on God instead of our spouse.

2. Sometimes I think the options you have online distract a person so they can not see the beauty in front of their own face or church. join a singles group at a local church. get involved in activities wih other local Christian singles.

3. There is nothing more attractive to a Christian single woman than a christian single man who is serving God with all his heart soul and mind. This shows a form of integrity that is rare among men.

k.ayn

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 01:02 PM

dear dixieboy, welcome to the forums.. and ill have to let ya know when i do find her.. hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 04:27 PM

Thanks Cattle. LOL

Honestly I am still trying to find my way back to Christ. I mean I know I have to actually change and give my heart and life to him. I guess it's just I've been expecting this sudden change in my life. I really am going through a lot right now in my life though, probably the worst stage of my life thus far. All the changes and challenges have really gotten to me. Mostly I'm trying to get my life right with God and find myself again. I do want someone more than I wanna live but I'm really trying to stay focus and let things happen in due time. I guess I really need prayer cause I sure know I could use it. I'm really tired of feeling lost and unloved. I guess I was seeking a woman to fill that void but I've realized only God can fill that void. I kept telling myself that I've done too much bad for God to forgive me. I guess I just haven't come to the point where my prayers to him are sincere. Or maybe it's just the enemy telling me lies. I dunno. I just need to break free of all that binds me. Please pray for...

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 04:52 PM

dear dixieboy, understand that alot of changes will take place right away.. and also understand that some of the changes will take time on. i feel like youre putting a whole lot of pressure on yourself right now... just relax , let go and let GOD.. remember that youll be a work in progress till the day you die, or ifn JESUS comes for ya first.. strive to do your very best.. and the times you may stumble some along the way .. stop and ask forgiveness and do your best not to do it again .. JESUS knows that were not HIM.. and were likely to stumble along the way.. and HE has so much more grace and mercy than we can ever fathom.. you read your bible every single day.. and you do your best to live what the word says for you to do.. and some of those changes youre lookin for will come and you wont even realize some of em have came already.. but the folks around you will. you walk in HIS WAYS and youll recieve the desires of your heart.. in HIS time and in HIS will. and meanwhile i will be praying for you.. hang in there and be patiend and dont be too rough on yourself.. youll do fine as it seems like you wanna do good and be a better man. ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:11 PM

Thanks man. Thanks alot for your words of encouragement. I really am trying to be a better man. I've been running from God and from alot of things in life period but I'm really tired of running. I'm ready to start facing life and making a stand. I'm ready to stand against my demons with the help of God. Satan has really been throwing stuff in my face but I'm asking God for the strength to overcome all that brings me down and tries to destroy me. Thanks alot for your prayers.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:46 PM

Hey dixieboy;

Praying for you. I was backslidden for eight years, desperately trying to find happiness and fulfillment, till I got quite suicidal. Looked back and saw what I had with Christ, realized (what you are realizing) that it was Christ all along that I was trying to find.

I'm not going to kid you - it took YEARS for me to recover. Months of seeking the Lord before I "felt" like I got anywhere, and even then - boy did I have a long road ahead of me.

It's obvious your heart is in the right place - you're seeking Him. Ole Cattle hit the nail on the head, so I won't repeat what he said, but I will also point to what K. said - get right with God first, the Lady will come with time; and probably at an unexpected time.

She's right - spiritual attraction is the most powerful attraction a person can have. So dedicate your life to Christ and serving Him, the rest will follow. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you."

God bless, and hey - welcome to the forums

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:13 PM

Thanks a lot Ian. Yea I was in church from a little kid all the way up till about 15 and then I just started being tempted with tons of things and just stopped wanting to go to church. I mean I still didn't get into a lot of trouble like most kids my age cause I've always had a majorly guilty conscience but I still haven't been living the way God would have. I also tried to commit suicide. I think I almost succeeded actually but God had his hand on my life and still does. It's like I'm always having to learn things the hard way but God always protects me and makes me realize the error of my ways. But I am really wanting to finally give my heart and life to God and never look back. It's hard but I know it' what's best for me... I really do wanna be a light to the world instead of another negative force. I've actually dreamed and been tempted to do many terrible things but thank God I didn't give into temptation. But I guess in a way I always knew I'd have to give it all to God before things would get better. Dieing and starting a new life...

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:28 PM

Amen - in fact, I have always told people that I did commit suicide; I died to self that Christ may live through me. you're probably going to undergo a radical transformation from Christ - just keep reading the word, spending time in prayer and seeking Him, and don't give yourself a difficult time when you don't do the right thing, or make a mistake. That's precisely the reasons Jesus died - so whom shall condemn us? Only the accuser of the brethren, and let's just say that his words don't mean diddly. Praying for ya, Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:29 PM

Cars, Reading, Technology, Science, Culture, Nature, Religion, Science Fiction

I would try what your intrest you like to do and go from there this might help. For example car shows would be a good choice and you would have some thing in common if you seen the young lady you would be intrested in getting to know.

It is hard to find the mate we belong to so, dont give up hope your still young and ask for patience in your walk (or waiting). I hope this helps alittle...May God bless you in ur search...tknchances (I wouldnt mind the same blessing myself) JK

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:35 PM

dear dixieboy, i want you to know that the good LORD has used you to be an inspiration here to this ole man and prolly others as well. when i see how bad you are wanting to walk right. and how hard youre trying to. well it makes me wanna try a little harder too. as we get older and things get to goin smooth for us and life is good.. we tend to get complacent sometimes.. and are just happy with our status quo..

when we should really be striving as hard today as from day one.. ya know. thanks for the reminder man..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2