Author Thread: Do dating sites really work?
Admin

Do dating sites really work?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2018 03:03 PM

I don�t know. I hear about the occasional success story, but I�ve been on approximately ten, maybe a dozen sites, over the past nine years. Some, more than once. I have not acquired so much as a single, platonic friend in all that time.

I have sent the women on these sites humble, respectful, sincere messages. I have contacted over 200 on this site alone. Despite how wonderful they feel that they are (�beautiful heart�, �selflessly loving�, "proverbs 31 woman", yada freak�n yada), they seem to lose the ability to demonstrate these traits when a man like me sends them a message.

And, I�m just plain sick of it.

I sort of snapped at a woman who simply ignored a message from me last night. No, I didn�t give in to frustration and light her up, but my second message to her was laced with sarcasm.

I think therefore it�s time for me to go. I relegated my status here as one of just hanging out, scanning profiles for amusement and enjoying some exchanges in some of the forums. But, I find that I am no longer getting sufficient enjoyment from that.

This is not the only problem I�ve encountered on these sites though. Many women here seem to have a preference for younger men, though in my searching, I�ve found that that MIGHT be largely an issue for Los Angeles women primarily (any surprise there?) than for the rest of the US. But, in fairness, my research/searching is not sufficiently thorough.

Here are some sample age range prefs I've come across on this site, each of them in the southern CA area (leaving names out as that would be un-biblically vindictive):

66 (52-62)

55 (38-50): I'm 54 and too OLD for this woman!!!

27 (18-26)

43 (18-36)

40 (32-36)

63 (52-61)

54 (38-54)

56 (25-48): Seriously?!?

32 (24-30)

41 (30-40)

40 (27-36)

45 (32-42)

42 (27-34)

45 (31-40)

45 (28-45)

54 (40-48): Again, she's MY age and I'm too OLD for her. LOL How pathetic.

Obviously there's a large sexual component to these women's desire for a younger man (though they'll never admit that). And, I get that, but then don't judge those men who only want the pretty young things.

Some women seem to have a fear of meeting a man online, so they POOF at the slightest provocation, not giving a man a legitimate chance. My question to them would be, "Then why are you here?"

Some females have stratospheric expectations, and then they wonder why they�re unattached. One profile here echoed the words some Christian women have said to me directly: "I want a tall man so that when I wear heels I don't feel stupid standing next to him." And you women have the audacity to judge men for their shallowness or immaturity?!?

Yeah, in my experience sites like this eat rotten eggs. They attract a lot of ... unwise ... people who have ridiculous dating criteria. There are success stories, I know, but I am willing to bet that they are the exception and not the norm. And, I have lost my patience to weather the rudeness and inconsideration from all of these "Christian" ladies with "loving hearts" who want men twice their height and half their age.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2018 03:12 PM

Well chances are there is a reason your on a dating site and unable to find someone in person. Could be for good reasons or bad. And a dateing site is a tool, its only works as good as the person useing it.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2018 07:42 PM

They work for some but for the vast majority it's unsuccessful, for the most part people aren't even prepared to engage in the simple art of conversation. So I've no idea how they expect to meet a potential partner using this medium...

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2018 09:48 PM

Indeed jeyzee. Dateing sites is a tool. If you dont know how to use it it will not work out well.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2018 09:49 PM

Indeed jeyzee. Dateing sites is a tool. If you dont know how to use it it will not work out well.

Michaelss972

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2018 08:48 PM

I am still learning how to use them.

simplesaysay

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2018 11:45 AM

Totally concur.

NiceFitGuy

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 05:46 PM

Most women want younger men and most men want younger women. That is just one of the problems with online dating.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2018 01:13 PM

I always read the women wand a man their own age if not older.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2018 03:32 AM

I personally don't know any women that date younger men, and I've always dated men that were at least 5 years older than me.