Author Thread: Disappointed So Far
Admin

Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 02:35 PM

I am new here on this site, and so far am so disappointed. First of all I have been here long enough that I should think someone would want to say hello but alas the answer is no. I came here in hopes of finding a Godly man who is interested in a Godly woman and all I guess is here from what I read in the profiles is just men looking for a perfect body.

I wish it would have been different but I will give this site til the end of this week and then I will just leave since the prospects here are not very likely for me..

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 07:37 PM

Hey Rose!

I just noticed something on your profile: You are restricing the age of the people who can email you!...Now thats more than fine if thats the age you want your "man friends" to be (lol):laugh:

...but don't forget there will be others (male and female) who might just want to say hello sometime!

Hope to talk at ya soon! - Elise!

rematche

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 01:01 PM

i agree...i'm a bit disappointing too.

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 03:43 PM

I am finding it difficult to connect here... I keep getting a msg saying this person is trying to instant msg me and I don't know how to respond except through the mail.. I feel there are some nice people here but would sure like to find a way to connect.

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 04:54 PM

Well I will admit I was completely disappointed but I am warming up to this, just hate you can't even read an email from anyone w/o paying. That is bad.

ian777

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 07:10 PM

Hey Rose;

You don't have to pay here to read an email. There's a couple of things going on:

1) you have your "mail settings" on your profile set to 50 to 65; this means that NOONE (like myself, or Elisee, or any of the other ladies, or anyone wanting to engage in friendly chat) can email you UNLESS they are between 50 and 65. The system prohibits them from doing this.

Change this to "any age" and instead, write in your profile what age bracket you're open to.

2) You also have "Must not smoke" set in your mail settings, which again does not allow many people to email you even if they just wish to be your friend. I had this too, and then found out what it was doing - turn that restriction off and instead, write something in your profile like "I will not date a smoker, but if you want to be friends, by all means email me." or something like that.

The instant messenger sometimes works, sometimes doesn't - it could be a pop-up blocker somewhere on your computer - but you might want to do what some have done, and write on your profile that you can't receive instant messages; it aint working.

Glad to see you out in the forums!

Ian

hephzibah

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 07:42 PM

hi disappointed, I have to say that i have been disappointed as well. I contacted a few men to ask advice or speak from my heart ,but did not get a reply . I guess they dont want to talk to someone who is honest or open.

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 07:35 PM

I am somewhat yet somewhat not disappointed. I guess that would be a little cynicism on my part. In a story that Ebo Elder told when he was at my church was the fact that people are in the mood of I want it now.

If I remember correct this is what he said:

He was fighting the #4 ranked boxer (at that time) and I was getting tired, and God spoke to me telling me that I would win. (I think it was in the 6th or 7th round). Well got to the 12th round , and his wife told him that God told her he would win in the 12th round. And people's response is wanting thing NOW and not waiting for it.

God has a plan for everyone, they just need to be patient and believe He will show people the way when the time is right. I know I have been cynical in the past, especially when I signed up for this site. I was distraught when people wouldn't either mail me, or respond to my mails. So I was more in the mood of why bother. But in the same sense, I know that God has a plan for me out there, and I shouldn't expect it now.

squ1rrels

Page : 1 2