Author Thread: Disappointed So Far
Admin

Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 02:35 PM

I am new here on this site, and so far am so disappointed. First of all I have been here long enough that I should think someone would want to say hello but alas the answer is no. I came here in hopes of finding a Godly man who is interested in a Godly woman and all I guess is here from what I read in the profiles is just men looking for a perfect body.

I wish it would have been different but I will give this site til the end of this week and then I will just leave since the prospects here are not very likely for me..

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 04:05 PM

Hey sis!

May I offer these words of encouragement? Don't walk away altogether for there are indeed good and Godly people to fellowship with...I know what you mean but trust God's purpose for your life!

IN Christ Jesus, Elise

gamegal

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:32 PM

Don't leave! There are alot of sincere christians on this site. I don't get many messages either but if you go to the forums you will meet alot of truly sincere people. You may not find your "one and only" but who can't use more inspiration and christian friends? Think about it...it's free...God bless you with whatever you decide.

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 08:43 PM

Dear Rose,

Don't leave. I know when I first came here I really did'nt know what to expect. I was disappointed for a while when I didn't get much response from our male counterparts, but I jumped into some of the forums and started a few of my own and I find that I really enjoy this!! Most of the time the response is good and it is always fun. Also, I think, that we learn a whole lot more about each other by just having these conversations. Then when others look at your profile, they can see your posts. Your personality will come through and who knows... Mr Right might see it .. and there you go. Just have a good time.

God Bless, Sandy

ian777

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:03 PM

And to tag onto what Sandy was saying, I know the views on my profile skyrocketed when I started posting on the forums.

You don't just get to know people, people get to know you. There are a lot of "lurkers" who peruse the forums, read the posts, but never make a post themselves. I've had a few of them write to me.

Ian

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:33 AM

Also, I forgot to mention...If you are ever feeling alone or down or sick or anything...come on in the "over 40" chat room and you will find some prayin' folk now!:dancingp: I ain't-a kiddin ya! Most times they will stop what they're doing and go to work...Plus and as an aside...right now in that room there are at least two (2) couples who met right here on this site who evidence that matches are made here!

*More importantly, God knows best and HIS timing is always right for us!

Love ya Sis, Elise

desipe

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 10:35 AM

hello rose :waving:

i�m kind of new here too and i felt exactly the same way!!! but since i go through the forums i really got to talk to people :glow:

it�s very nice to have you here rose and i hope you will stay!!!

God bless you

diana:bouncy:

explor_r

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:54 PM

Dissapointed, I had wrote a post just a little bit ago about profiles & pictures in this same forum but another thread. Maybe my post will help you out a little bit.

I am also very sorry about your experience here. I personally have not seen the posts you are refering too but, I do believe if you make the effort to get out there & let others know your here then things will change.

Bless you sister

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 08:47 AM

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 08:49 AM

I will do as you have said and stay and wait to see what kind of friends I can meet here.. Thank you so much.

View Profile
History
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 08:50 AM

Thank you so much for your kind words and I will stay and frequent the forums more often..

Page : 1 2