Love?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2008 04:29 PM

What is love?

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 4 Mar, 2008 07:27 PM

Peace be with you, Devin,

I've noticed lately, people have been throwing this around. I question it myself.

I've found in scripture that love is a behavior. 1Cor.13 is a prime example of this; love is kind, doesn't envy, is not jealous. All these are behaviors. GOD so loved the world that HE gave...thus showing the behavior of giving.

I think us guys can relate to love in a better way when we can explain it as a behavior. Emotions are difficult for us to relate to. I can't really put my finger on love as being an emotion.

These are only my opinions. I hope I helped

T:goofball:mie

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 22 Mar, 2008 08:34 AM

LOVE IS A DECISION. WHEN JESUS SAID LOVE YOUR ENEMIES HE KNEW IT WAS NOT GOING TO BE AN EMOTIONAL ACT. IT IS A DECISION TO ACT IN LOVE NO MATTER HOW WE FEEL.

I BELEIVE THE EMOTION COMES LATER. BUT EVEN IN THE CASE OF AN ENEMY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN NOT SO MUCH FEELING LOVE AFTER THE FACT [ I HAVE WALKED IN LOVE EVEN WHILE I FELT RAGE TOWARDS SOMEONE] BUT NO FEELING BITTER ANYMORE OR FEELING LIKE I WANTED REVENGE BUT HAVING A PEACE THE GOD WILL GIVE TO ALL OUR JUST REWARD.

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 16 Apr, 2008 07:49 AM

The topic of love is something that hsa been discussed, written of, and pondered upon throughout the entire history of mankind. It's amazing that this emotion, feeling, or however else you choose to describe it, can be both the most simple truth, as well the most complex mystery. With countless songs, poems, and even entire books written on this subject, it must obviously hold significance in the hearts of many in our society.

If we listen to the daily conversations of others, sometimes even listening to our own words, we find we use this little word to describe many things. We love our favorite Mexican restaurant, our coworkers when they help us with a hard or tedious assignment. We love our best friends, and we often times refer to our family as our "loved ones". We love our parents, our children, our spouses, and we love God. So many people and things, so many different feelings and levels of feelings, yet all we are heaping ingo the one category; love. I suggest a few possible explanations: First, maybe we really do have love for all of these things. Maybe we are genuine with our emotions, and are accurately describing what we really feel in our hearts. The second possibility is this; maybe we have totally list sight of what love really is, maybe even to the point that we wouldn't recognize it if it really was love. Maybe we have yet to experience love altogether. But truthfully stepping back and looking at these emotions as a whole, there is even yet another option; maybe these feelings of love are coming from different sources of ourselves. As it has alreaby been observed by many others previously, we are all made up of three parts: Flesh, Heart, and mind. While the first two options play a role in the situation, through all I have seen, Heard, and felt, I am more apt to state that the third is the most sound answer for this question.

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 16 Apr, 2008 10:59 PM

Love is like sun-softended chocolate. All melty and sweet.

Ok, not always. Sometimes, it hurts, too. Like a crown of thorns.

And I agree with what everyone else already said.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 5 May, 2008 07:36 PM

The bible clearly explain what love is.

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance"

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 10:01 PM

love is what u feel when the one u gave your whole heart to touches u and helps carry u thru any trail or test u face. love is what is seen when u look into your newborn babies eyes, but most of all love is when you feel the savior's arm wrap around you holding u tighly as u silently cry. to me that is what love is:angel:

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 1 Jul, 2008 11:57 AM

well said and if i may add to it love is Christ on the cross for our sins

misschin

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2008 06:27 PM

Love? For me Love is such a wonderful feeling that I always wanted to experience. Loving means sharing your life with them and be with them when they need you but create a special feeling in your heart. Love means giving yourself and at the same time growing wonderfully with the special people in your life. Love is wonderful and unconditional.

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 12:02 PM

What is love?

1Cor.13 "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance"

All you lovely people said

"Love is a behavior, decision, an act, time, existence, emotion {or feeling}, truth, complex mystery, significances, sources, giving of your whole heart, help, what carries you thru any trail or test, innocence, comfort, silent cry, sharing your life, being with people, need, giving yourself, growing, wonderful and unconditional, goodness, sacrifice, denial of one's self, infatuation, devise, sexual desire, an economic or social behavior, infant,"... and there were more ideas. But:

All these Things describe the attributes of Love. The Question is "What Is Love?" I meet as a none. Not "Describe Love" as a verb. (Al-tho this was Grate to read and I learned allot.)

But let me try to explain the question.

Ex:

If I were to ask "What is pizza?" you would not say its attributes like: "It taste good." "It smells good" "It looks pretty" ( P.S. I like pizza!) No you would say "It is a combination of --- ingredeance... Combined in this --- way..."

When lst Cor.13 says "Love is..." is suggests Love is a none. Like saying "Pizza is... (of course after saying "Pizza is.." you then would describe its attributes "its taste is good... so-on-so-forth).

There for!:

Love is alive!

Love is God! Love is the Hole Spirit! Love is Jesus (The Word of God)!

This is why, Love seams to be (or in) all things. Because Love is all things.

There is one more thing that Love (none) is. The answer I was looking for.

I was looking for some one to say "They are Love ( or "one with Love" [one with God])"

Love is You, Love is me (in spirit)!

You see, if the Father is in Christ, and Christ is in us (the Hole Spirit). We are then one with Him. This gives the conclusion "We are Love (Yes, if you excepted John 3:16 {Love will not parish}) ?" Do you want to know "How can this be?" Read the Word of God.

Since I answer the Question. Let me ask another, one that needs grate thought, one to ask your self every day.

"Are you Love?" (see your attributes listed in lst Cor.13 and above) How does Jesus see you? I personally mess-up all the time. I do not show the attributes of love in my life all the time, but does this mean I lack God? No, all it means is I forgotten that I am Love. Because of what Jesus did for me. If I am in a dark place and forgotten about love. There is not a problem with the darkness, it is just acting like its nature, There is a problem with me remembering the light "I am in Love" "Because Jesus is in me!"

Well God bless!

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Love?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 02:36 PM

Devin

I'm on the same page as you are, brother.

:rocknroll:revelation22

Page : 1 2