Author Thread: Dating
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 12 Jan, 2019 07:25 AM

Why are do many men on a Christian site but not a Christian?

Seeking dates and Relationships here or even some seeking friendships.

Christians are to be Equally Yoked with a partner.

Even many are seeking Women in Young age group when they are Older men.

This is what the Wordly do.

A Christian should pray first to seek the right partner.

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 12 Jan, 2019 08:29 AM

I lived in a really bad neigbhorhood once where the standard greeting on the street was "Are you straight?" English being my second language, I didn't know what they meant, so I never answered back. But this was a neighborhood where prostitutes and all sorts of bad people lived, so I often asked people "Are you Christian?" That's the first thing I'd ask. To my surprise, most people said yes! Even the prostitutes said YES! So, that tells me that there are a lot of Christians who think they are Christians. So, this is why when you have a "Christian dating site," most people think this is a place for them. And of course, you have the average "Christian scammer" who just comes here to get some money. But if you ask him if he is Christian, of course, he will say "YES." LOL

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 12 Jan, 2019 08:32 AM

By the way, keep in mind that Judas the Iscariot was a Christian, too! Haha So, the label "Christian" doesn't mean anything. It how a person lives that matters. For example, a lot of Christians believe that when you get saved, it means that God automatically forgives all your past, present, AND FUTURE sins. So, it's kind of like a license to sin. This is a very popular doctrine today. Very famous people teach this all over the country. The problem is that as a result, you have a bunch of Christians who start using the "Christian" label to describe themselves, and they read the Bible and pray, but they live like the rest of the world... Why? Because salvation is cheap, and God forgives automatically.

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 13 Jan, 2019 10:50 AM

I'm not a guy, but have one of the same questions. I just read a profile where the guy is in his mid 60's, and is looking for a woman between 40 and 55 - meaning the oldest woman he's wanting to meet is a decade younger than him!

What gives, guys? I'm 54...should I be indicating I want a man who is between 30 and 44? Ew. Just...ew. Plus it makes me feel like I will end up with someone who is 70 or 75 years old, as men like them so much younger.

Please guys, help us understand why men think this is reasonable.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 13 Jan, 2019 12:38 PM

Zsolt

Your reply is very interesting. I believe that you are right about many people do believe they are Christian. God does forgive us our sins if we as him to.

However, he died not want us to continue Practicing sin, when we have excepted Jesus as our personal savior. I f a person is saved they are born again. This means a Lifestyle change. We know put living for God a first priority in life.

A Christian means a follower of Jesus Christ teachings.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 13 Jan, 2019 12:47 PM

JanC

I see that on men's profiles here too. It is a preference that some men have , whether they are Christian or not. Seems to me they should be more concerned about the character of the woman More than her age.

Unfortunately, that isn't the way it is, even on this datesite.

Men even in their 70's posted they want a woman 50 Limit.

:. If I was 50 I wwouldn't want an old man.

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 17 Jan, 2019 02:29 AM

The word Christian has changed with time. Back then it simply meant that you are born again and that you have a relationship with Jesus. Today it means that you don't belong to any other religion but you are still not born again. The other phrase that has people confused is "God fearing". It still doesn't mean that one is born again. Someone who is born again will tell you exactly that and you will not have to guess whether they are born again or not.

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 17 Jan, 2019 02:56 AM

I have always wondered about this age gap thing. While a woman would be seeking a man closer to her age, men seek out for ten or more years. So, if you are 50, you are are looking for a man who is between 50-55. This 50-55 year old feels that you are too old and so he looks for a 35-45 year old woman. The 35-45 year woman feels that the 50-55 year old man is too old and therefore she looks for a 35-45 year old man, but the 35-45 year old man feels that the woman is too old and therefore deeks a woman who is 25-35... and it goes on and on like that. So actually, you end up never finding anyone.

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 18 Jan, 2019 02:57 PM

Lol. Good point 9. Too many lonely people ending up all alone because they're all looking for someone who's looking for something else.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 24 Jan, 2019 08:21 PM

I can see your point about the me looking for younger. Many do but there are still some who want to stay in their own age group.

Concerning being a Christian, i agree that a person should be born again.

That has not changed. People change. Meaning not God.