Author Thread: More like Jesus
Admin

More like Jesus
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 04:51 PM

I have a confession to make:

I want to be more like Jesus.

I don't want to be a talking head, self righteous and a keeper of the old mosaic law that Jesus came to replace with GRACE. I don't want to be a scribe or a pharisee counting and recounting the letter of the law but not understanding GRACE.

I want to be in the company of people that JESUS was found in the company of

- lepers, prostitutes, sick, infirmed and maimed, lunatics and demon possessed, bloody and blind and well...the general scourge of the earth...the people some christians run away from, talk badly about, or preach against in the name of all that is "right" but really isn't. No, I don't mind hanging out with others "more acceptable"..."more pleasant" "more like me"... but I want to be more like JESUS.

The world has lost some great people this week: Ed McMahon, Farrah and Michael Jackson...I just imagine there are many who will comment on their "worldly" lives and toss them without second thought onto some scrap pile of humanity where "unbelievers/sinners" deserve to be...but I urge you to look at Jesusand see thru HIS eyes: See the thief on the cross who was never baptized, whose life was not filled with "all the right stuff"...see the Jesus who

who proclaimed that EVERY man would have at least that ONE opportunity to come to the knowledge of truth during his/her lifetime...imagine HIM slipping into those few, brief moments dying people always have with clarity somewhere between here and eternity...I see HIM there with love. I see him with Michael right before the last quiver of his heart, with Farrah when her pain was too great to bear and I see him with Ed McMahon ...maybe as their saviour, maybe just there with tears in HIS eyes...I want to be more like JESUS.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
More like Jesus
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 10:53 PM

AMEN.

View Profile
History
More like Jesus
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 09:08 PM

may we all who believe desire that...