Author Thread: Is America desirable to the Eastern women (arab, Indian, Asian, etc)
kennythelegend1987

View Profile
History
Is America desirable to the Eastern women (arab, Indian, Asian, etc)
Posted : 15 Apr, 2019 02:15 AM

So I'm hoping to get diverse feedback concerning the subject of immigration to the US. Being American, and influenced as such, I have the impression that the US is an easy pick...Especially so to people that have experienced any kind of oppression due to ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, etc. Freedom and liberty were the two fundamental principals that shaped this country (admittingly, it took lots of blood and hundreds of years before those rights were actually granted to EVERYBODY). Still though, these values are central to what the country represents and promises. Indeed, this is the land of the free, but unfortunately, it seems too that this is a land that endorses what God describes as abominations (gay marriage, sex change operations, sorcery (drugs), etc). America will answer for these transgressions one day, but for now, my sole duty as both a Christian and American is to love thy neighbor as thyself and pray for everyone (not my place to judge).

Back to the original subject concerning Eastern women migrating to the USA and it being a desirable option or not. I inquire specifically about Arab and Indian women for the reason I am aware that India has a notorious history with incompetent police that often ignore women's complaints of being sexually assaulted. I was once told too, by an Indian woman... on here actually years ago, that she refused to date, much less marry, an Indian man due to prior experiences of them being abusive in one form or another. She portrayed it as a cultural issue initially. However, She did later marry an Indian man despite her earlier oath to never. Last I saw they were 10 years married and she couldn't look happier! Guess the stereotype was wrong.

Now addressing the Arab women. Depending on which country you reside I have the understanding that females are viewed as inferior to males in most matters and are required to live a restricted lifestyle (no working, no driving, limited social interaction, etc). As I'm sure you are aware too... Also, a lot of those countries over there have a long record of harassing non-Muslims, and worst so if they are female. As I

kennythelegend1987

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2019 03:16 AM

oops, posted prematurely....So to get to the point. I want to know if the living conditions are as poor as I described, and if so, why do you stay. I do understand that family means a lot in the aforementioned cultures but I imagine too that a loving family would encourage their daughter/sister/niece to chase their dreams of a more prosperous life, but of course I would need to be assured that she would be cared for.

Now the option to migrating to America can be obtained in several ways ranging from Work Visas, Student Visas, Refugee status, and of course the fast track to citizenship by marriage (5 years and then eligible to take citizenship test). As mentioned above, options are available to get here, but marrying a citizen is the fastest, simplest route.....

SO, AS TO WHY I'M INQUIRING. BRIEFLY SAID: I AM 31 YEARS OLD FINALLY ESTABLISHING MY CAREER AS AN ELEVATOR MECHANIC... NEVER MARRIED, NO CHILDREN, AND I REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS TO SPEAK OF. I ENJOY TRAVELLING ACROSS THE US WITH MY JOB WHILE MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY STOP (VISITING MUSEUMS, AQUARIUMS, ZOOS, RESTAURANTS, FESTIVALS, SPORTING EVENTS, ETC). WHILE I DO FULLY ENJOY MY ADVENTURES, I MUST ADMIT IT GETS LONESOME SOMETIMES. AND FOR THAT REASON I AM CONSIDERING A "I HELP ME-YOU HELP ME" DEAL. MY HELP WOULD BE TO PROVIDE HER A WAY TO AMERICA. IN RETURN I AM WANTING A TRUSTING ROOMMATE/ GOOD FRIEND ARRANGEMENT. TO BE CLEAR, IT WOULD BE HUSBAND/WIFE ON PAPER ONLY... I LOOK AT THE 5 YEAR ARRANGEMENT INVOLVED AND CAN'T HELP BUT REASONABLLY ASSUME WE WOULD HAVE TO LOVE EACH OTHER AFTER 5 YEARS TOGETHER... HOWEVER, THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE WOULD BE "IN LOVE" AND IF THERE IS NO "IN LOVE" THEN THAT MEANS THERE REALLY IS NO FUTURE AND I WOULD HAVE TO LET HER GO. STILL I BELIEVE I END UP AHEAD BECAUSE I WILL BE A FRIEND RICHER UPON THE END OF THE ARRANGEMENT.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2019 08:50 PM

Reply to American desirable to the Eastern women (arab,Indian,Asian,etc) well The person that wrote about this is not explaining all correctly ..Women are allowed to drive ,do jobs ,etc The only arab country which is very stricter is Saudi Arabia but it all depends on the class in families..and I personally know alot Arab families and I visited an arab country ..when a girl marries a guy and he is well off to take care of her ..women decide to be housewife to give a good brought up to child and give time to child ..and they go to do activities they like ..their husbands provide them with a good life ,given money for their needs and provide them with servants to make it easier for wife ..and most families want their daughters highly educated..and most marriages are arranged but the girl meets guy in front of family and ask if she like him or not ..I visited and saw all ..India is liberal not stricted ..usually all family that are not that educated ,these are the ones ,that usually force daughters on parents choice..so every country in the world has their up and downs ..even in Latin countries ..even in Anerica

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2019 12:26 PM

Dear Kennythelegend1987, I honestly don't usually reply to posts like this, but, honestly, and I don't know how to say this without SEEMING to be insulting or disrespectful, and please believe me, it is not my intent at all, I'm just shocked. WOW ... seriously ??? In spite of the fact that I am a man, I am sadly very much aware of the total lack of equality between men and women in Canada and the U.S. Did you know, for example, that almost 75% of girls who go to a university in North America will be raped AT LEAST ONCE by the time they graduate? Victims of sexual harassment in the workplace are usually the ones to lose their jobs if they speak out. Back in 1957, when my sister was born, in the Middle East, the Obstetrician was a woman. AGAIN, I mean no disrespect, but I am distressed by what appears to be a serious lack of knowledge and understanding with worldly matters. Furthermore, what you propose in terms of "contract marriage" is highly illegal, and carries a substantial fine, and possible jail time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2019 12:30 PM

Apparently, the current "going rate" for contract marriages is somewhere in the neighborhood of $40,000, BUT regardless of whether the man or woman, requests or receives payment or not, contract marriages, in and of themselves, are against the law.

kennythelegend1987

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2020 07:44 AM

Indeed, I do recognize how Eastern women are usually highly educated, which I think is where a lot of my admiration stems from. I am beginning to realize my views are very much in error. Maybe because I view those cultures as oppressive to women, but other facts (ie. higher educated individuals and opportunities) show they have their own opportunities in their home country, and the biggest cultural difference I am seeing is the closeness of family. In my culture greed prevails it seems. To be prosperous usually both husband and wife work to bring in more income. I have wondered if this still plays true to the Muslim culture though. I really don't mean to say this disrespectfully, but When I study the world's great religions I have come to understand Islam and a very controlling and oppressive religion for women, and when I see extremists groups enforcing Shariah law I kind of view the extremists as "true followers"/fundamentalist of the pure Islam. Myself, as a rebellious minded man will always be curious if there is a rebellious eastern girl, just like me, who just wishes they could have the opportunity to not necessarily misbehave, but just do what they want to do because there's nobody/society/law that prevents you from doing what she wants to do. I dream of providing that opportunity to someone, but maybe I'm selling something nobody wants......Thank you for helping me see this now

kennythelegend1987

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2020 08:04 AM

Hi, thank you for replying... I made this post a really long time ago, but believe even then I had doubts of my understanding of other cultures. You spoke of the high rape intance that occurs here in America/Canada, but I still consider it safer here, than say India, where reports are often. Not only India, though, Almost all poor countries (carribian, latin america, some middle eastern countries are notorious for the frequency of raping Christian/Yazidi/hindu women and how it goes unpunished. I truly hope I am ignorant and that it's really not that bad over in those lands. If it is though, isn't it a moral crime to witness the crimes and know you could help, even if only one person? Also, I do understand the legality issues surrounding what I propose, but am familiar with the process, kind of. My father married a woman named Maria, from Bolivia. However, she was here legally on a work visa. Before it expired, they got married, and after 5 years she knew America, spoke and read english well enough to take the citizenship test. They may still be technically married, but she earned her place, really. My dad sold himself off as a good Christian man who doesn't smoke or drink blah blah blah. My father is Christian, as am I, but we are not good practicing Christians to be honest. She was diligent in her Catholic faith, praying every morning, every night. I do hate though that she had to deal with my father's legal issues and lazy work ethic while she was always trying to do better. I guess I want to provide a woman of the same or similar situation a better experience than what my father did.