Author Thread: The Silent Treatment...
Admin

The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:44 PM

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each

other the silent treatment.

Suddenly, the man realized that the next day,

he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper,

'Please wake me at 5:00 AM '

He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM

and he had missed his flight.

Furious, he was about to go and

see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by

the bed.

The paper said, 'It is 5:00 AM . Wake up.'

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

desipe

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 10:32 PM

this is so great, i�m about 2 crack :ROFL:

sorry, didn�t mean 2 offend anybody :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 12:16 PM

lol

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 05:29 PM

Yeah - NO -- Don't mess with women gents -- You'll lose. Being one, I can tell you back in the day -- H O N E Y -- I was sorta like the senario written about.... SOOOO not nice, thank God the Lord has put the KI-BOSH on my pride, it sure does go before the fall.......

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 12:34 AM

Haha I love stories like that :)

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 12:35 PM

women call it the silent treatment. men call it peace and quiet.

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 10:23 AM

I love this...women do tend to outsmart silly games like the silent treatment...don't test it. We will win. Every time.

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 12:03 PM

Really?

It may be a funny story, but that marriage is headed for trouble. The only reason a wife should ever be silent is because her husband is Kissing Her!

vkjewell

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 09:51 PM

Seems like some very sad sowing and reaping going on in this story . . . The wife may have looked like she "prevailed" in the end; but we are so much more easily and deeply wounded by men that winning this contest would be worthless. On the other hand, if it brought her husband around with some clever humor . . . maybe it would have been effective . . . ???

Rainwalker1060

View Profile
History
The Silent Treatment...
Posted : 3 Feb, 2011 03:05 PM

To tell you the truth about fights and relationships... the silent treatment is the worst thing you can do to a guy who genuinely cares about you. Men are stubborn and arent good at speaking about emotions, women can speak their mind but are able to wear whatever face they need to so that they hide the problems behind the mask. I've fought with an ex and it hurt so bad that I didn't want to talk for a while. Like a guy... I had a p/od expression on my face and gave people one word answers... we aren't good at letting things go, we tend to hold a grudge and not speak emotionally. But guys breakdown from time to time and sometimes it's too late for the relationship. We need to know you care women, we arent good at saying things ourselves and that yes you can win at playing games of spite with a man. But is it really something to brag about as a christian? "watch out men don't mess with me" its almost like their needs to be one bigger person in the relationship willing to work things out. If you dont then the stupid argument could cost you the girl/guy you loved. And moving on after a breakup can be cruel, people who break up immediately find a way to not care about the other. Treat them as invisible to them when they once were in love -apathy and indifference are more cruel than hate. In america we have the moral liberty to do whatever makes us happy... but that isn't necessarily the right thing to do. ive been through rough things people and ive always been the one that kept caring while the other simply walks away without a care to see or speak to me again. I like to believe even past loved ones meant something in the long run. Forgive and forget can be contradictory. If you move on by forgiving then that person has a place in your heart. But forgetting the person is just not how things should be. I believe everyone can change in time and I pray for those people who choose not to care for me at all. That's the person who wins.