Author Thread: **HAS SPEAKING IN TONGUES CEASED AND PASSED AWAY**??
Admin

**HAS SPEAKING IN TONGUES CEASED AND PASSED AWAY**??
Posted : 24 Jun, 2019 07:13 PM

Acts 2:3-11: They were filled with the holy spirit and began to speak in other tongues... Now there were staying in Jerusalem God fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one **HEARD THEIR OWN LANGUAGE** being spoken. Utterly amazed, they asked; "Aren't all these who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them **IN OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE? Parthians, Medes and Elamites, residents of Mesopatania, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphilia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene, visitors from Rome, Cretans and Arabs--we hear them declaring the wonders of God **IN THEIR OWN TONGUES!!"

Speaking in tongues is only mentioned 4 times in Acts and in I Corinthians chapters 12 to 14. It is interesting to note that it speaking in tongues is not mentioned in any other books in the entire New Testament. And in Corinthians Paul had to correct there misuse use of speaking in tongues in I Corinthians chapter 14 as follows:

I Coriinthians 14:1-4,6,9-12,16-17,19,23-25, 27-28: Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts of the spirit, especially prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the spirit. But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. Anyone speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophecies edifies the church... Now brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues what good will I be to you, unless I bring to you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction... So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will be just speaking in the air. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. If I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and the speaker is a foreigner to me. So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church..... when you are praising God in the spirit, how can someone else, who is put in the position of an inquirer say "Amen," to your thanksgiving, since the do not know what you are saying. You are giving thanks well enough, but no on else is edified!.... In the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue... If the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not think you are out of your mind? But if an unbeliever or inquirer come in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, :God is really among you!"....If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time and **SOMEONE MUST INTERPRET**. If there is no interpreter, the speaker should **KEEP QUIET** in the church and speak to himself and God!

I Corinthians 13:8,12: Lover never fails, but where there are prophecies, they will cease, where there are **TONGUES**, **THEY WILL BE STILLED** it will **PASS AWAY**!! For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but **WHEN COMPLETELESS COMES**, what in part **DISAPPEARS**.... Now I know in **PART**; then I shall **KNOW FULLY!!

Most of the New Testament was written between AD 48 to AD 66. 2nd Timothy and 2nd Peter were written just before Nero Caesar had Paul and Peter executed in December of AD 66. John and 1st 2nd and 3rd John were written about AD 90 and Revelation was the last book of the New Testament written in AD 96 when Domitian Caesar put John in Prison on the Isle of Patmos when he decreed in the last year of his reign {AD 95 to AD 96}that everyone must worship Idols of former Caesars or be put in prison.

Most theologians believe that the practice of speaking in tongues was **WAS STILLED AND PASSED AWAY** about 10 years after the last book of God's word was written since it took about 10 years for the book of Revelation was distributed to all the churches in the Roman Empire. Speaking in Tongues was no longer needed since all the churches now had the complete Word of God.

There is no record of speaking in tongues in any of the churches after AD 100. And the practice in miraculously speaking in languages never learned was no longer needed.

However speaking in tongues finally again began to spread to many Pentecostal churches in 1901 but it was no longer spoken in any of the languages of mankind and is no longer interpreted or translated as God's Word commanded.

Bible tongues were definite languages of mankind. The incoherent babbling, gibberish, barking, , and oinking today are not close to the spirit's gift, which was only and always definite human languages capable of translation as per Acts 2:1-11and I Cor 14:21-22. The Charismatics and Pentecostals cannot duplicate the Spirit's gift and they certainly cannot translate the gibberish that is spoken. And most Charismatic and Pentecostal churches teach that you can not be saved or become a complete Christian unless you speak this Satanic gibberish that no one can interpret. And if this be true no one was saved between AD 100 an AD 1901!!

Modern false tongues had a definite beginning. They began on January 1, 1901, during a watch night service in Topeka, Kansas. A woman named Agnes Ozman babbled in gibberish after Charles Parham, a renegade Methodist minister, laid hands on her. This began the modern craze of speaking in tongues. It did not involve languages, the holy spirit or Pentecost!!

Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

2 Timothy 3:15,16: 4:1-4: You have known the **HOLY SCRIPTURES**, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**!! ; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn away from the truth and turn aside to myths!

Conclusion! It is easy to see that today's speaking in tongues is an ungodly deception of the devil and a disgrace to Jesus Christ. The true gift of tongues ended nearly 2000 years ago. Tongues today are not a gift of the spirit. And the doctrine and practice of most Charismatics and Pentecostals prove them to be heretics under the delusion of the devil and his ministers!

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2019 08:37 PM

Prophetic; speak of the devil!

Yes, ha satan can counterfeit tongues.

He also counterfeits sound doctrine! (As you should know first hand)

You claim;

" if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart othat God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

-Romans 10:9

BUT JESUS SAYS:

21 "Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, only those who do what my Father in heaven wants. 22 On that Day, many will say to me, `Lord, Lord! Didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we expel demons in your name? Didn't we perform many miracles in your name?' 23 Then I will tell them to their faces, `I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!'

-Matthew 7:21-23

Did you catch that?....

"WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS"

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2019 05:46 AM

Most Pentecostal and Charismatic churches teach that it is OK for women to preach to men in the church???

** WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY ABOUT THE PREACHING AND TEACHING OF MEN AND WOMEN IN THE CHURCH**??

Titus 1:6-9: An **ELDER** must be blameless, faithful to **HIS** wife, a **MAN** whose children believe... Since an **OVERSEER** manages God's household, **HE** must be blameless... **HE** must **HOLD FIRMLY** to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that **HE** can encourage others by **SOUND DOCTRINE and **REFUTE THOSE** WHO OPPOSE IT**.

I Timothy 5:17: The **ELDERS** who direct rhe affairs of the church well are worthy of a double honor, especially those whose work is **PREACHING ** and **TEACHING**!

I Timothy 3:1 Whoever desires to be an **OVERSEER** desires a noble task. Now the **OVERSEER**is to be above reproach, faithful to **HIS** wife, tenperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable and **ABLE TO TEACH**!!

I Timothy 2:11: A **WOMAN** should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a **WOMEN** **TO TEACH** or to assume authority **OVER A MAN**!

I Corinthians 15:34,35:**WOMEN** should renain silent in the churches, They are not allowed **TO SPEAK**, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about anything, they should ask their husbands at home; for it is **DISGRACEFUL** for a **WOMAN** **TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH**!!

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL** also wrote you with the **WISDOM GOD GAVE TO HIM**. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {To unbelievers} which **IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT**, as they do other Scriptures, to their own **DESTRUCTION**!

I Timothy 3:16,17: All Scripture is **GOD-BREATHEED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead and in view of His appearing and His Kingdom, I give you this charege: **PREACH THE WORD**; be prepared in season in out of season, correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear!!

I Peter 1:23-25: For you have been **BORN AGAIN**, not of perishable seed but the imperishable, through the living and enduring **WORD OF GOD**. For all people are like grass, and all their glory is like flowers in the field; the grass withers and the flowers fail, but the **WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER**!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2019 05:56 AM

NOT ONE WORD OF OUR SAVIOR IN YOUR WHOLE POST!

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2019 04:31 PM

Matthew 24:35

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

In another situation JESUS said:

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

So the short answer is; Nothing that JESUS said or did has ever or will ever 'pass away'.

People do all sorts of crazy things, but GOD does not change, Malachi 3 tells us that.