Author Thread: Would you join such a fellowship?
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Would you join such a fellowship?
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 07:38 PM

Why or why not? Comment or criticism (lol, I know that's coming)? Suggestions?

[Pamphlet]

ROSEWOOD FELLOWSHIP

A CHRISTIAN GATHERING FOR WORSHIP AND STUDY

WELCOME!

We thank you for taking the time to read this pamphlet and invite you to join us on a Sunday.

ABOUT US

The Fellowship was organized based on the desire and intent for a better communion and knowledge of our Lord, YHVH, so our schedule is woven around that purpose.

1. Our morning Sunday service seeks to be singing and Bible reading only.

2. Between our Sunday services, we hope to dine together as a family.

3. In hopes that He might send even one person with purer understanding, our evening Sunday service works as a unanimous parliament and founded on Christ�s love, Achdut and Ahava.

ROMANS 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Adult Americans spend on average more than three hours watching television, but never hear a Bible verse until Sunday, if then. Even fewer have read through the Bible more than once. If only a single message could be spread above all else, we wish this to be that one: Seek His Word.

�KOINONIA�

�Koinonia� is the Anglicization of a Greek word (κοινωνία) that means �communion by intimate participation�. It is used in the Bible to describe the relationship within Christian gatherings. Not only do we apply this through our services, but for Sunday dinners as well and hope to incorporate it into future activities and goals.

WHY WE ARE A FELLOWSHIP

We have no creed. In order to insure open discussion, we make no conclusion that cannot be questioned or changed, lest it be by the Creator�s will. All conclusions are the result of a unanimous vote. This clause and all after may change since, as stated, the congregation may vote differently. Exodus 20:3

We have no membership. By Christ�s love may you come and go as you please. We do not remove unless the person is a disturbance to the proceedings, so all viewpoints and interpretations may be discussed. Exodus 35:5

We have no clergy. While we do have those elected by the congregation to keep the peace, we do not have ordained superiors. We believe that only those appointed by Him in the Bible, and His Biblical servants He used for such, may appoint. By definition, fellow: somebody of the same rank or quality. Therefore, by a consensus vote, we do establish those for order. Mark 9:35

QUESTIONS ASKED

What if someone won�t change their standpoint?

Then they won�t change their standpoint and the debates continue. It�ll allow further Bible study and, if with blessing, greater depth. Written arguments are preferred, so many debates may go on at once, and arguments taken home to read and reply to.

Without membership, how do you know if there is a unanimous vote?

A vote may occur any Sunday, so hopefully this will encourage a fellow to come every Sunday, to keep what they find unbiblical from passing unanimously.

Do you spread �conclusions� even if they might be proven false?

Yes. As with an unbeliever the Holy Ghost later sanctifies into a believer, we believe that, should we be wrong, the God of Abraham will correct our conclusions in His time and way, and meanwhile we must do our best to spread the Gospel.

OUTREACH AND ACTIVITY GOALS

While we are a new and small fellowship, we seek to be used by the King of kings to spread His Word so we have outlined goals to build within our fellowship. Matthew 28:19

1. MISSIONS: We want to setup a program to send out missionaries to all nations. Though this may take a while, we will certainly reach out to our local community.

2. GROUPS: Daycare and Youth.

3. CHOIR: Anyone willing to participate and teach.

4. A BUILDING: While it is not the structure that makes our fellowship, we pray that, instead of renting, we will one day have a fixed place to gather.

We congregate every Sunday at 8:30 A.M.-12:30 and 2:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 04:45 AM

--Phoenyx, I have never heard of such a church.--

Well, I don't call it a church. It's a fellowship. I think the churches have gone the way of the synagouges. Things like that tend to repeat and I think lots of people see it.

--How can the bible deemed wrong or right.--

Please, do not twist like that. We are not voting on whether or not we like certain parts. We vote on the theological interpretations of the Bible. The Bible will defend itself in the debates and destroy false doctrine. We do not vote on whether the Bible is wrong or not.

--Exodus 20:3 Is the 3rd Commandment. Thou shall have no other God before me.--

Exactly. A church creed is an example of that.

--In Mark9:35 The bible says " Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, " If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." In this passage Jesus has over heard the Twelve arguing amoung themselves as to who would be the greatest. So Jesus simply tells all of them that to be first they must put aside their wants and serve others whereby putting themselves last.--

Agreed.

--To serve in the kingdom of God you must serve others.--

I'm sorry, but I am not a believer that works get you into Heaven.

--In other words be a slave, a bond servant, which in the old testament is a slave who has been set free and gives himself back into his masters care as a servant for life, in order to serve God. Because what you do for others in Jesus's name you do for the Father.--

This is being a good servant, but I don't think that God should come last in my life.

--It sounds to me that the scripture has been taken out of context. When a scripture is used it must always be used in the example it was taken from.--

I understand that, but I do not think that it was taken out of context. I think one of His meanings is talking of people who wish to control others or have more merit than them. Mark 9:35 was used to decide on the republic of the United States.

--Phoenyx, You are very young and very wise. The bible is God's word. Which is Holy. It is the very breath of God that has been breathed into the men who wrote each book. Therefore to decide what is good or bad is something that you, yourself should take to God in prayer.--

Each person may do that. There is nothing arguing against guidance from the Lord, but encourages such and Bible reading.

--I can't image God telling anyone that they as a single person or as a group that it's OK to decide only what you want.--

Oh, no, He doesn't say such, but I still see people doing so with all these churches divided. The purpose of the unity in the vote is so that, should there be even one with purer knowledge, they will stop it from going through or fix it after it has. It is demonstrated in the Bible how He would not destroy a place that had His people.

--A good rule to consider is this; If you think that you have read something in the Bible that contradicts itself please reread it , study it in more depth and ask God what He is trying to tell you, because the Bible, God's Word, does not contradict itself.--

Agreed, though I'm not sure how I gave off a different vibe, lol.

--The devil can be very deceptive. Guard your relationship with God with all you have. God loves man remember He made man in His image. If God did not truely love mankind He would not have sent His Only Son, Jesus Christ to die for our sins. God wants all mankind to have enternal life. This is not a debate. Please be on guard, do not let anyone decieve you. I can't stress this enought. I will pray for all of you who attend this group. That God will give you wisdom and discernment in all that you do.--

^_^ Thank you.

--One more thing Jesus said in Matthew 18 :6 "But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depts of the sea." The reason I am saying this is because if you have a true believer in your mist and he is mislead, whoever mislead him will be held accountable for his lost salvation, if he loses it because of something mistaught.--

That's the very reason we want this fellowship. Preachers have gone their own way. Church members rarely search the scriptures. Children are subjected only to what their fathers' believe rather than the Bible. The division between churches is ridiculous as well as many things done in the churches. It's like they are having market in their churches when Jesus already toppled tables over it and fulfilled any need for sacrifice.

--Please rethink this group and ask for God's guidence. Pamela If you wish I will give you my private email.--

No, it's fine. I don't mind chatting on here and, believe me, I have been praying about this, as well as many other people. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 07:37 PM

No I dont think I would join this fellowship.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:23 AM

Thanks to all who replied, whether you liked it or not. ;)

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2014 07:28 PM

Praise God for your passion and comitment in taking Gospel in various capacities. I would like to join my hands with you in spreading gospel among nations. I would like to join your fellowship please accept me and tell me how I can.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2014 02:13 AM

Yes I would like to join

Page : 1 2