Author Thread: MARCH TO A DIFFERENT DRUMMER
lonewolf68

View Profile
History
MARCH TO A DIFFERENT DRUMMER
Posted : 23 Jul, 2019 11:17 PM

I do not know about some of you, but in recent years I have become quite disillusioned with contemporary Christianity; it has become too much about fads, trends, and bandwagons to the point it has become too entertainment and market driven. There are remnants of contemporary music that are good; most of it, however, seems too generic and lacks biblical depth. Also, most televangelists and mega-church pastors have drifted away from preaching about the holiness and attributes of God and more into health, wealth, and prosperity along with wacky theology. With these things in mind, this is why I call myself Lonewolf as a username.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 05:29 PM

Welcome to reality TV , where you are spoonfed unbiblical doctrines through this media and where the sheeple are being dumbed down.

Oh yeah...if you even consider going to a local church , think again!!

Been there, done that....read a good bible...I mean not a modern version written by Westcott and Hort...yep, that means throw out your NIV's and other modern versions!

The word of God got changed so much that there are copyrights !

You need a blood sprinkled book.

I am glad you're on the road to recovery.

God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2019 01:45 PM

You two sound like me.I come to realize If Its on TV than Its false Christianity mixed with some truth to keep the money rolling In.Christians need to get their teaching from a good translation and not from false prophets.I dont even go to church since they celebrate pagan holidays and steeped In mans traditions and most arent of the one true GOD.Good to see others seeing the true light through the darkness.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2019 07:52 PM

I am very disappointed in churches -- such casual dress...the men in cargo shorts, women in short clothes, kids in idiotic t-shirts. when i was growing up, we dressed our best for church to show respect to God. now there is no respect, just "feel good".

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 03:26 PM

I get it. Almost all of the people I have met that call themselves Christians are content with a shallow faith that never gets any deeper. It frustrates me and leaves me without any kind of fellowship, because my faith is so much more than just church on Sundays and praying before meals.

And then there are the legalists who want to dictate what people wear to church, the length of their hair, the style of music, the length of the sermon, and how "Christian" a person's speech is. I just feel like, since God is more concerned about our hearts and about us being real and honest with our struggles before Him, that we ought to put more value on authenticity and transparency, too.

There are people out there who are looking for authentic Christianity that is growing and sensitive to the Holy Spirit, but they are definitely few and far between. And that can be discouraging sometimes.