Author Thread: To knock your sox off...
ian777

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 03:27 PM

Okay ladies, as I attempt to approach various ladies and express interest, I find myself wondering how I should approach a total stranger on these sites to express interest.

Should I go for the gusto? i.e.

"Hi _______, I was reading through your profile, and WOW - you're still single? Can I try to help you change that? It was so nice to see that there are single women of God out there still, but I'd sure like to make it one less single woman of God available. My name is Ian, please take a look through my profile."

Or something more conservative like

"Hello _____________, I really enjoyed reading through your profile. It's nice to see that there's Godly women out there who are still single. I really liked what you wrote and would like to get to know you better, in hopes that maybe it'll go somewhere. Would you please take a look at my profile and get back to me?"

Or something like that - I'm just throwing out some hypothetical approaches. I've tried something like both of these, but seeing as how 99% of emails sent never get any response, it's difficult to know what's going on on the other end, y'know'm'saying'vern?

Remembering that this is a total stranger that you may take one look at my profile and go "Wow - we are so not compatible" cause sadly, the lady often knows something that I don't and we're just not compatible.

Would you be offended by a certain approach? Is there one approach you appreciate more than another?

Gimme yer random thoughts on this please, and any coaching or suggestions of what to first write would be appreciated.

Ian

p.s. - if you ladies would like, I can tell you in another forum what I think the guys like if you try to approach them.

ian777

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 06:44 PM

Thanks proverbslady; I'll take all the advice and run with it. And I enjoy reading your posts too!

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 02:42 AM

Well, let's see...Mmmm...I don't wear sox! LOL...ok...just be yourself and throw in a piece of humor. A different approach will spark a curiosity that didn't kill the cat!

:) Robin

ian777

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 01:21 PM

Aw c'mon Robin, you know my opinion on that is that "the only good cat is a dead cat!"

Okay, okay, I don't REALLY think that - but I do say it a lot...

Thanks for the input,

Ian

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 10:33 PM

There has been "chats" on pictures and profiles. Being it's only the pic and profile that one has to gauge to responde to an email... those need to be your best foot forward. Also, it continues to be a nagging question and experience for many members. So here goes some of my thought for you... All of your pictures need to be your best "model" picture. By changing your clothes that enhance your looks... Vertical lines .. like an open jacket w tie, and find your color (ever get compliments and can associate with a color... i found mine was aqua - blue/gr), pose at a shoulder angle, etc., to me all men look great in a tux or uniform (as long as not prison!). :rolleyes:

ian777

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 10:35 PM

I do have the one mug shot from when I was arrested....

Okay, just kidding. I was going to make an "arrest" mug shot for my facebook page, cause I like a good joke, but then I realized it would probably start the rumour mill, so I didn't do it...

Ian

View Profile
History
To knock your sox off...
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 12:11 PM

ok IM new here but I think the second approach best. You do not want to come on too strong and frighten soemone away..

smiles

GBU

Bethany

Page : 1 2