Author Thread: Ladies Just Curious.
bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 05:22 AM

I have been a part of this site for about a week and have e/mailed probally 25 women not that I want that many dates or even that many responses. But I haven't had 1. I know I am not the most phisically attractive man But I don't think I am Hideous either. I haven't dated in 20 years with the exception of my soon to be ex-wife. Give me some advice What do I need to do?

I am a new Christian and do pray that God takes control of the situation. Is it my age? I never had this problem before I was married so I am a bit confused.

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 07:26 AM

dear bob, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 10:41 AM

Bob maybe those woman are thinking you need to give ur self more time to start dating? or anything? It maybe just about caution. tknchances

ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 01:00 PM

Hey Bob,

Welcome to the forums. Sadly, what you are experiencing will be the norm - and it's the same for both men and women. All I can say is "keep plugging away."

I've emailed at least that many women, and have only had three responses, all of which turned me down, but at least one of which has turned into a very nice friendship actually.

You're doing the right thing posting to the forums here though - attend here regularly and post regularly. There are many "lurkers" on here who don't post, but read all the posts, and they'll see you for who you are, and that may get their interest. There's been a few ladies here who've written to me as a result of my posts, but I've never seen them post anything on the boards. And again, a couple of those I've really appreciated the friendship.

Ian

bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 01:26 PM

I guess you are right but you would have to no more about my paticular situation to honestly asess that. I will certainly not post that situation either. What I can say in general is that I have been alone for 5 years but only seperated a little less than a year. And there is 0 Chance that my wife and I will ever get back together. I will always be a friend if she needs me and will always Love her.But am ready to move on with my Life. That is as much detail as I am willing to relinquish. And you still might be right. I guess I am just lonesome!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 06:47 PM

Hey Bob, I would encourage you to post a close-up picture that is only of you (smiling and without shades) and use that as your primary photo. I think you're a good-looking guy and I like all your pictures, but I think most women would prefer to see a close-up of you first thing. Also, you mentioned that you have two daughters but I only see one - can you get a picture of all three of you together - and enjoying each other's company or something like that? I think that would be awesome. God Bless!

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 02:34 AM

Hi Bob...You look nice so don't fret. This email thing is slow moving at times. Put it in God's hands and see what happens! Don't count on a mirage of responses or you will be disappointed. Better to have a few good ones than a ton to put in the recycle bin! :) Robin

bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 07:20 AM

Thanks for your input ladies. I will update photo's in a couple of days. I have never been 1 to have my picture taken a whole lot. I don't know why but have always been that way since youth. And since I posted this I have actually had a couple of ladies e/mail me. [None that I wrote first] But that is ok too. I am a little impatient and need to work on that; Although I will not pray for patience! I hope God blesses you all and again thankyou for your input.

Love in Christ

Robert G Blankenship Jr.

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 12:41 PM

Hi Bob (omg! where did the little wavin' man go?) Ok so we will use this one instead of the wave man here!:bouncy:

I looked at your pictures and read your profile. There is nothing wrong with you. Other than the fact you are still technically married. I have a feeling even it would be the same if you weren't married, the people in this place remind me of the old time school dances. The dances where guys are on one side and girls on the other, and only those with confidence move forward.

Shhhhh.... I see shy people! :winksmile:

Starting over at 40 is no easy task... I wish you all the luck with that.

Oh geezzz... look there---> I found the wave guy! :waving: Just in time to say bye.

~Lisa

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 05:47 PM

i would recommend changing your age range. Not sure if you realize that if someone is going to email you, they can ONLY if in this age range. Also, are you really interested in a relationship with a 27 yr old? That's a turn off to me, and YES i look at that. Also, if the right woman with all the qualities you are seeking is 41, then you missed your opportunity. There are fantastic advantages to older women. May be a good time to explore....

Also, i don't think this site is very active. Please keep participating in the forum as i like reading people's opinions.

I noted you had used the word "we" for starting a new business, i'd try to elimiinate that and substitute something else... it just stood out, can't tell ya why. Oh, and NEVEr and NEVER lie, about your age, job, interest in kids, salary, etc., just don't answer if you don't want to say ....

Good Luck. Thanks for sharing.

bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 3 Jul, 2009 08:11 PM

We is an accurate description Beacause there are 3 of us involved 2 brothers and myself although they don't have much to do with it on the actual running of it. They are the money behind it. And another note I thought I had changed my age range to 30 to 45 I'll have to check it. And as far as telling lies don't know where that came from. Never mentioned my salary nor would I ever if a relationship is started because of a financial ststus then it is doomed from the start. And by the way I am certainly not financially comfortable money means nothing to me if I have it fine if I don't thats cool too. Please don't think I am offended but do want to clear up any misconceptions.

Bob:winksmile:

Page : 1 2