Author Thread: Ladies Just Curious.
bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 05:22 AM

I have been a part of this site for about a week and have e/mailed probally 25 women not that I want that many dates or even that many responses. But I haven't had 1. I know I am not the most phisically attractive man But I don't think I am Hideous either. I haven't dated in 20 years with the exception of my soon to be ex-wife. Give me some advice What do I need to do?

I am a new Christian and do pray that God takes control of the situation. Is it my age? I never had this problem before I was married so I am a bit confused.

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 01:29 PM

Bob,

I wanted to respond to question and concerns as well. First I want to say, 'welcome to the family of God!' I'm glad you have given your life to Christ.

I've been on this site for several months. It has been a major topic of discussion on the live forums and chat forums concerning those who are not divorced yet but on a dating site. In all the conversations I have been involved with (from both the male and female perspective), all have said its a turnoff when someone is not divorced yet but on the site (regardless of separation from a spouse). In agreement, married is still married in the sight of GOD--even if a person has been separated for 20 yrs. I'm only bringing that up because it could be why you don't have as many responses from women on this site.

However, I am very glad you have joined the family of God. Continue on the road towards Jesus and you cannot go wrong.

Michelle

bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 10:01 AM

Then the proper thing to do is withdraw my profile. Thanks for your input.

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 04:54 PM

Hey Bob -- like everyone else -- Welcome. Can't answer your question. I think what Ian said is on the money. Give it time and by going to the Forum and offering advice, topic's etc... you start to see the personalities of those here.

There's some pretty OUTSTANDING people in this little corner of the world. Give them time and give yourself time. God will work all things out to the good!!

ImHis

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 06:25 PM

dear bob, ya know even seperated folks need fellowship and sometimes just a few shoulders to lean on.. it is my opinion you are welcome here.. although as you know your bein seperated may keep alot of folks from writing you romantically . i do admire you for your honesty.. lots of folks hide that fact .. you are upfront about it.. so hang around for the fellowship..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 09:35 PM

:applause:Greetings Bob and welcome to the forum... No it is not your age (for our age is suppose to reflect our maturity levels & wisdom), "so your age hasn't a thing to do with your situation"... What I'm about to share with you is only an opinion (so it is'nt engraved in stone)... Smile

RED FLAGS:

1. First of all, you stated that you were looking for "Anything" (well anything reflects one night stands or any of the above). This is a sign of "noncomittment", and or "open relationships" (most of us christian women shy away from these types of relationships or people). If you'd use Activity Partner, Friends or Dating, it sounds more like "new beginnings" (because you do want to start off as friends and grow from there).

2. Secondly, you are "Seperated" (which shows no closure on your past relationship). 20 years is a lot of time and appears as a possible threat or baby mamma drama (an leaves a thought, that there's room for reconciliation).

3. Thirdly, your long hours at work (for it shows that there will be little to none in "quality time"). Women such as my self however, "would want to be helpful and give you a hand with your business" (in order to put in quality time and yet build a dream that you've started and help it become successful), "but that would possibly impose problems between you and your brothers" (leaving a new relationship without true quality time or no room to grow)... For communication & quality time is the essential foundation for a healty relationship...

We as women are sometimes complex and need nurturing attention, "no matter what type of relationship we might entertain". Again, this is only my perception and opinion... Please feel free to chat with me "anytime", and may you be prosperously blessed & successful in all of your endevours...

Sincerely, AnotherChance2:angel:

GodsJoy

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 11 Jul, 2009 01:32 PM

Anotherchance2 - said it perfectly.

May God Bless you

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 11 Jul, 2009 03:03 PM

dear joy, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

bobcars21

View Profile
History
Ladies Just Curious.
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 08:01 AM

Anything was just a way for me to say that Romance was not neccessary for myself and who ever that would be interested. And I guess you are right my wife and I are not divorced yet. There are a lot of details we have not settled yet. And to be perfectly honest I have a hard time with failure and once that part is done then it means to me that I have failed. It is inevidable just hard to accept. Now that is as much as I can say about that. I haven't been on any dates yet nor have I met someone that I would consider a candidate for such. I am certainly not looking for one night stands. That is the kind of thing you find in a bar not a christian dating site. Right? So if I have left that impression with my profile;Then I definately need to change some things. The main reason I checked this site out is the church I go to there are no people my age and honestly in this area there are not many christian ladies. [99.9 % are married]. And for the last red flag. If I am going to be successfull "in business" I have to put these hours in for now. Also it keeps me preoccupied which helps me with the fact I am very lonely. I have friends and family but that doesn't fill the void that is in my life. I appreciate your input and hope I have cleared up any misconceptions on my motives and my intent.I guess the reason I asked this question would be low self esteem. I have never been a person that is negative or lacked self confidence until my seperation. I am learning to Trust GOD for what I need which is adding that stability and confidence back in my life.

Page : 1 2