Author Thread: Trust in God
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 03:22 PM

As we spend time in Scriptures, we increasingly see from God's perspective, if you are a Believer. Then our prayers will be focused on what He wills rather than on what we want. Through this kind of prayer, our spiritual needs are met, and we can set aside anxiety to live in complete trust in God.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 03:24 PM

Bring Your Anxieties to God

Reference. 2Kings 19:8-20

NKJV

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 03:25 PM

What do you people do with Feelings of Anxiety ?

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 04:08 PM

It takes time . Our faith grows on our walk with Him.

His Word says to be anxious for nothing . Philippians 4:6

His Word also says not to worry about what to eat or wear. Mt 6:25

We are worth more than the sparrows of which He feeds.

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Yes we should always pray His Will BUT we should ask also for what we want .

James 4:2-3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

I agree with this translation verse so I am posting here:

James 4:2-3 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

2 You are jealous and covet [what others have] and your desires go unfulfilled; [so] you become murderers. [To hate is to murder as far as your hearts are concerned.] You burn with envy and anger and are not able to obtain [the gratification, the contentment, and the happiness that you seek], so you fight and war. You do not have, because you do not ask.

3 [Or] you do ask [God for them] and yet fail to receive, because you ask with wrong purpose and evil, selfish motives. Your intention is [when you get what you desire] to spend it in sensual pleasures.

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 04:32 PM

Philippians 4:6,7: Do not be **ANXIOUS** about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God!!

**PRAY CONTINUALLY**; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS!!" {I Thess 5:17,18}

Matthew 6:5,6,9-11 Jesus commands, “When you **PRAY**, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to **PRAY** standing in the synagogues {churches} and on the street corners to be seen by men...But when you **PRAY**, go into your room, close the door and PRAY to your FATHER, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you... This, then, is how you should **PRAY**: “Our Father in heaven hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.” and Luke 11:4 adds, **FORGIVE US OUR SINS**, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.”

Matthew 6:7,8: Jesus says, "And when you **PRAY**, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him!"

James 5:13-16: Is any one of you **IN TROUBLE**? He should **PRAY**!! Is any one of you **SICK**? He should call the elders {And only the elders!} of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the **PRAYER** offered in faith will make the sick person well, the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore **CONFESS YOUR SINS TO EACH OTHER** and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The **PRAYER** of a righteous man is powerful and effective!

Acts 1:14: They all joined together **CONSTANTLY IN PRAYER**!

Ephesians 6:18-19: **PRAY** in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind be alert and always keep on **PRAYING**for all the saints. **PRAY** also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel.

I John 1:8,9; 2:1,2: If we {believers} claim to be without sin, **WE DECEIVE OURSELVES** and the truth is not in us. If we **CONFESS OUR SINS**, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we {believers} we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word has no place in our lives....If anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the **ATONING SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS**!!

Matthew 26:41: Jesus says, "Watch and **PRAY** so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak!"

Hebrews 4:15,16: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may **RECEIVE MERCY AND FIND GRACE TO HELP US IN OUR TIME OF NEED**!!

Hebrews 12:5,6,10,11: Do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you, because the **LORD DISCIPLINES THOSE HE LOVES**, And He punishes everyone He accepts as a son... God disciplines us for our own good, that we may share in His holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

If we fail to daily ask forgiveness and repent of our sins God will **DISCIPLINE US** and sometimes it will be very painful. We will also **LOSE ETERNAL REWARDS** and a **CLOSE RELATIONSHIP** with God!

2 Corinthians 5:9,10: We make it our goal to please Him... for we must all appear before the Judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Luke 18:1: JESUS SAYS, **ALWAYS **PRAY** AND NEVER GIVE UP**!

Jeremiah 33:3; The Lord says, "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know!" {This would help God's saints to correctly interpret many of the mysteries in God's Word!}

Luke 11:1-4: The disciples asked Jesus, "Teach us to **PRAY**" Jesus said to His disciples, "When you **PRAY**, say: 'Father , hallowed be your name, Your kingdom come. Give us each day our **DAILY** bread. **FORGIVE US {disciples}OUR SINS**, for we forgive everyone who sins against us'"

Here we see that Jesus tells His disciples to daily ask the Father to forgive them of their sins. God's Word states that we must be holy as God is holy as per I Peter 1:15,16; and to walk as Jesus walked as per I John 2:6. And God understands that we really don't understand how much we fall short and sin daily.

I John 2:6: Whoever claims to live in Him **MUST** live as Jesus did!!

Matthew 5:48: Jesus says, "Be perfect, as your **HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT**!"

While we read in Isaiah 55:8,9: God says, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts!"

The closer we get to God the more we realize how much we fall short and sin daily; and realize our need to confess our sins daily to get closer to God. Take Paul, the greatest NT saint, for example:

I Timothy 1:15,16: Paul said, "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom **I AM THE WORST**. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, **THE WORST OF SINNERS**, Christ Jesus might display **HIS UNLIMITED PATIENCE** as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life.

I Timothy 5:5: The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to **PRAY** and **ASK GOD FOR HELP**!!

I Thessalonians 5:17,18: ** PRAY**CONTINUALLY**; **GIVE THANKS IN ALL** circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philemon 1:6: I **PRAY** that you may be active in sharing your faith.

Acts 6:4: We will give our attention to **PRAYER** and the ministry of the Word!

Matthew 5:44: Jesus commands, ”Love your enemies and **PRAY** for those who persecute you.”

I Thessalonians 3:10: Night and day we **PRAY** most earnestly that we may supply what is **LACKING IN YOUR FAITH**.

Ephesians 3:16-19: I **PRAY** that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I **PRAY** that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that love which surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of the fullness of God!

2 Thessalonians 1:11,12: We **CONSTANTLY PRAY FOR YOU**, that our God may count you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We **PRAY** this that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:15-17: Jesus prayed, “My **PRAYER** is not to take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. Sanctify them by the Truth Your Word is Truth!”

I Peter 3:12: The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their **PRAYER**.

Colossians 4:12: He is always wrestling in **PRAYER** for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

Hebrews 4:15,16: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need!!

Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by **PRAYER** and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.

I John 5:14,15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything **ACCORDING TO HIS WILL** He hears us. And if we know that He hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of Him.

2 Corinthians 12:8,9: Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness!"

James 4:3: When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures!

Romans 8:26,27: The Spirit helps us in our **WEAKNESS**. We do not know what we ought to **PRAY** for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with **GOD'S WILL**!

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 05:43 PM

Cake God,what God.

God is a title,a generic title; you must be more specific.

Which God are you referring to.

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 09:20 PM

Geometry Ohm Dimentionalism

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 07:19 AM

There is only One true and living God, Jehovah. If you're born again you know that!

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:02 AM

Cake God,what God.

God is a title,a generic title; you must be more specific.

Which God are you referring to.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:49 AM

Oh taste and see God is good ! A life without Him is flavorless.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Trust in God
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:51 AM

@ Works

I already answered that question sir! If you don't see it or realize what I answered that's You.

Page : 1 2