Author Thread: Would you live in a tent?
KJVonly

View Profile
History
Would you live in a tent?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 07:28 PM

Consider an interesting aspect of the mindset of father Abraham. Genesis 13:2 describes him as very rich in livestock, silver, and gold. Hebrews 11:10 reports that despite all that wealth, he looked for a city whose Builder is God. We know that Abraham was wealthy enough to put together an army of over 300 men, but in this way, God shows us what dominated his mind.

Abraham bought no land to call his own, and Hebrews 11:9 records that this very wealthy man lived in tents. A tent is a symbol of temporariness, as well as lack of wealth and status. The wealthy live in solid homes; the poor live in tents because they can afford nothing better. Yet, Abraham was not merely wealthy but very wealthy.

Some may mistakenly think that everybody lived in tents in Abraham's time, so the way he lived was the way every wealthy person lived. Thus, there is nothing unusual in the Bible pointing these things out. Not so.! The way Abraham lived reflected where his heart was, a glimpse into his faith, vision, and humility.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2019 04:25 AM

have You lived in a tent?

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2019 06:03 AM

I have lived in a tent , not just once , but twice in my life it was all I had . I never felt like I was poor though , it was an adventure :P

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2019 06:52 AM

Paul who was inspired to write 14 of the 27 books in the New Testament was a **TENTMAKER**. God's saints may be living in tents supplied by God during the Great Tribulation since they will not be able to pay rent or a motel or a mortgage payment. But God will take care of His Tribulation saints for 1260 days in the wilderness just as He took care of the Israelites for 40 years in the wilderness.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2019 02:47 PM

Byys...It would have to be a circus sized tent for me . I got a small library dude!

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2019 02:49 PM

I was homeless for 3 months and lived in a camper attached to our pickup truck. I did dishes at truckstops and showered at a friends house. Yep, I was roughing it!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2019 08:21 PM

living in a tent one learns hot toward God and cold toward God real quick as there is no lukewarm

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2019 04:42 PM

Depends. Will there happen to be donuts in the tent?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2019 12:55 AM

if the dumpster diving is good at the donut shop? donut seem great to have many donuts in one's tent donut?

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2019 05:32 PM

I love dumpster diving. I found great things! I got a snakeskin lipstick case and toddler costumes , tap shoes, knicknacks ..and my neighbor's kid found a cool oil painting which is hanging in her apartment just to name a few (plus a live raccoon that she fed on her porch)...better than some yard sales and all free, free, free!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2019 08:58 PM

Free raccoon. What more could you possibly want?

Page : 1 2