Author Thread: Would you live in a tent?
KJVonly

View Profile
History
Would you live in a tent?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 07:28 PM

Consider an interesting aspect of the mindset of father Abraham. Genesis 13:2 describes him as very rich in livestock, silver, and gold. Hebrews 11:10 reports that despite all that wealth, he looked for a city whose Builder is God. We know that Abraham was wealthy enough to put together an army of over 300 men, but in this way, God shows us what dominated his mind.

Abraham bought no land to call his own, and Hebrews 11:9 records that this very wealthy man lived in tents. A tent is a symbol of temporariness, as well as lack of wealth and status. The wealthy live in solid homes; the poor live in tents because they can afford nothing better. Yet, Abraham was not merely wealthy but very wealthy.

Some may mistakenly think that everybody lived in tents in Abraham's time, so the way he lived was the way every wealthy person lived. Thus, there is nothing unusual in the Bible pointing these things out. Not so.! The way Abraham lived reflected where his heart was, a glimpse into his faith, vision, and humility.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2019 09:28 PM

donuts?

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2019 04:15 PM

Toth quote:

Free raccoon. What more could you possibly want?

End quote

I busted out and almost fell off my chair!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2019 07:10 PM

Just remember, if the "raccoon" is black with a vertical white stripe down the middle, put it back.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2019 08:36 PM

LOL!

Yeah, I fed a family of skunks once!! They love cat food.

They are so cute . Luckily, I didn't acquire any of their "perfume" .

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2019 07:46 PM

If I feed them. I'm feeding them in someone's yard that isn't mine. In which case, I'm happy to leave them a pile of cat food that will keep them thetr for an extended period of time and even gather other vertical white striped black raccoons.

Page : 1 2