Author Thread: Do you enjoy giving?
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 7 Nov, 2019 05:24 AM

Do many Holidays are commercialized ! It's about sells.

Some people enjoy giving !

What Holidays to YOU enjoy giving to others if Any ?

Alligator

View Profile
History
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2019 07:43 PM

When i was in my 20's, gift giving was fun...selecting something special for a birthday or Christmas. now, the ads encourage one to give a Lexus or SUV for a gift (out of reach for most folks) so i find my giving is now in the form of time spent - dog-sitting for free, baking a favorite recipe and taking it to someone who is depressed - offering a ride to a neighbor who has car trouble...etc. money gifts are not important - time gifts are.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2019 01:03 PM

Giving cash always is not important, a person can give of their time too.

But everything costs money, gas , buying food, a gift etc...

AdmireFire23

View Profile
History
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 8 Dec, 2019 08:40 AM

Years ago, on one Saturday I took my 4 year old boy/girl twins out to breakfast at a small town cafe that was known for having good food and had many regulars. As we were finishing up our meal, the waitress told me our bill had been settled by another patron because they were "impressed with how well behaved the children were".

I didn't need the charity. In fact I made good money. It touched my heart that somebody would go out of their way to anonymously give me that meal without knowing a single thing about me.

Since then, I make it a goal to at least once a year pay for someone's meal at a restaurant. Usually around the holidays because that's when giving is foremost on the mind, but I have done this randomly throughout the year too.

Often I select a family or single adult with young children and ask my waitress to give me their check without their knowledge. I always make it clear to the waitress that I want it to remain anonymous.

Last November, after working on a project till 1am, I was starving and stopped at a Denny's nearby on the way home. There were only a handful of occupied tables and one single man at the counter. I ordered a hamburger to go and paid for the entire restaurant and tipped the waitress well.

When I got home, the waitress had written me a note thanking me and even gone out of her way to make homemade fry sauce (half ketchup, half mayo mixed) for me. I know this because while ordering, she told me Denny's didn't have fry sauce. She did all that for me before I had even gave her a tip, because I handed her a tip in cash right before walking out the door.

It was definitely a memory I will cherish for the rest of my life.

I have one or two other stories but none were as good as these.

So short answer, yes I enjoy giving to others.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 03:23 PM

Admire

Thank you for sharing your story! I really enjoyed reading it.

When we give to others, it is beautiful to give from your HEART ❤️

View Profile
History
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 22 Dec, 2019 12:34 AM

I enjoy giving at random occasions to people that need or are appreciative of what I may do.

Page : 1 2