Author Thread: A tale of a shattered soul
Admin

A tale of a shattered soul
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 03:20 PM

Ever since i can remember, i've had a lot of trouble with guys. most of them from school; others from work. the same thing would happen all the time: stood up, the sweet words just to get me to do that one thing, or the owrst; cheating. i'm sure everyone knows one of these, unfortunately. if you don't, i'm so blessed you don't and i pray you never know it.

time after time, i felt worse. soon, after what seemed to be the undredth time (it was really only the 30th), i fell into my battle of depression, which i am still struggling with. the doctor also says i fell into the "EMO" stage. everyone thought i was goth because i dressed in black and wore the dark makeup. truthfully, i was emo. it's still in me, even though i don't cut as often; only when the memories come back. oh, how i wish it would end.

so, if you are one of the guys that happens to talk to me on here ( i don't know why; i'm too ugly for anyone), forgive me if i seem bitter or cold. i just have a hard time believing what guys tell me anymore. such a sad life, huh?:angeldevil:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 07:31 PM

From an older woman: I think you're a beautiful woman and a precious treasure. Unfortunately, men (and women) are not going to be perfect and guys will let you down. It is inevitable. The ONLY way to deal with the pain is to put your complete trust in the only man who will never let you down - Jesus. He is pursuing you and he is captivated by you and he loves you so much. He wants to shower you with his blessings and good gifts. So I encourage you to talk to him every single day - when you wake up and when you go to sleep - and listen to the truth he wants to speak to you. Read through the Song of Solomon - a great love story! Let God fill you and satisfy you, cause he's the only one who can. And if you like music, listen to the song "There Can Never Be a More Beautiful You" by Johnny Diaz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZkrn_vaqU

I want to hear back from you so please leave another post. God Bless!:applause:

muhugcy

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 08:51 PM

angelcc999,

I totally agree w/ what Prov31_Lady said. I know it may not feel like it sometimes, but God loves you so much more than you could ever imagine. I've gone through the "I'm worthless" stuff over and over again and although I never got into cutting, I did participate in another self-destructive behavior. Finally my very wise pastor pointed out that me thinking I was worthless and ugly was a total lie that Satan had been filling my head w/ for YEARS. Don't let that jerk tell you that, and don't let others define who you are. You are incredibly unique and special b/c the Creator of the universe made you and He chooses to love you and care for you.

I'm not super wise like some of the folks on this site are, but I have learned that, like Prov31_Lady said, guys will let us down. It will happen. But that doesn't mean that you're not an awesome young woman, and NO ONE has the right to tell you differently.

btw, your cat is ADORABLE. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 05:15 PM

dear folks, both of you young ladies gave very good advice...

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 08:19 PM

They are right....Don't let MEN define you. ...or even manKIND. Plea the Blood of Jesus Christ, which cleanses us from all sin. It doesn't even have to be your sin, since we are affected by other mens' sins. Remember the woman at the well? She was just there to draw water. Instead, she got living water as well...pun intended. Jesus is there for all of us. No sins barred.

DAVE

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 08:25 PM

I LOVE that song! REALLY LOVE that song....I would hope all the girls, especially when so young and impressionable would believe that. I say that with great emotion now that I have a daughter, age 7.

Seuss

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2010 01:27 PM

I can relate to that kind of pain. I deal with feeling worthless many times, but God still keeps trying to remind me that I am okay in his eyes.