Author Thread: Question - Tribe of Judah
T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Question - Tribe of Judah
Posted : 13 Nov, 2019 08:15 PM

So I've wondered about this for quite some time and have heard some answers, but nothing that seemed definitive. Just curious as to any responses.

In the genealogy of Christ, He comes from the Tribe of Judah, but why, as opposed to one of the other tribes?

Judah was the fourth son of Jacob and Leah. Usually the name we hear about is Joseph or even the youngest brother Benjamin.

Luke 3:33-34 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda, Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,

Jacobs sons in order with mother:

1 Reuben - Leah

2 Simeon - Leah

3 Levi - Leah

4 Judah - Leah

5 Dan - Bilhah (Handmaid to Rachel)

6 Naphtali - Bilhah

7 Gad - Zilpah (Handmaid to Leah)

8 Asher - Zilpah

9 Issachar - Leah

10 Zebulun - Leah

11 Joseph - Rachel

12 Benjamin - Rachel

One Daughter (Just to fairly mention)

Dinah - Leah

Thoughts?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 03:02 PM

This May throw some light on the subject of Joseph's two sons. Manasseh was the firstborn as per Genesis 41:51. And then Jacob made them the sane as his other 12 sons in Genesis 48:5: Jacob said, "Now then your two sons born to you in Egypt will be reckoned as **MINE**. And then Jacob blessed them in Genesis 48:20.

Not much is heard about Joseph's sons until Revelation 7:5-8 when **MANASSEH** replaced the Tribe of Dan as one the 12 tribes of Israel since the tribe of Dan, as per I Kings 12:28-30, had been guilty of continuous idol worship after coming to the promised land. And then in Revelation 20:12 we read that our eternal home in the New Jerusalem will have 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes of Israel on the 12 gates which would also include the name of **MANASSEH** instead of Dan!!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 03:20 PM

Thanks David. This is what I was actually hoping for. Being able to throw around some ideas.

I also want to go back and look at Jacob and Esau, because I know Esau didn't go away empty handed, but it wasn't anywhere near what passed to Jacob.

Prophetic:

Gen 41:51 And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house.

Of course that is what "Mannaseh" means. -" God has made me forget."

This also shows a characteristic of God and our spirituality. "Forgetting" can be very much a spiritual thing, as even God promises He will cast away our sins and remember them no more.

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 04:23 PM

TOTH: This was my post not little David's post.

This May throw some light on the subject of Joseph's two sons. **MANASSEH** was the firstborn as per Genesis 41:51. And then Jacob made them the same as his other 12 sons in Genesis 48:5: Jacob said, "Now then your two sons born to you in Egypt will be reckoned as **MINE**. And then Jacob blessed them in Genesis 48:20.

Not much is heard about Joseph's sons until Revelation 7:5-8 when **MANASSEH** replaced the Tribe of Dan as one the 12 tribes of Israel since the tribe of Dan, as per I Kings 12:28-30, had been guilty of continuous idol worship after coming to the promised land. And then in Revelation 20:12 we read that our eternal home in the New Jerusalem will have 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes of Israel on the 12 gates which would also include the name of **MANASSEH** instead of Dan!!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 04:33 PM

Prophetic,

I know you posted. That's why I listed your name, but good enough. :)

It's an interesting topic, as so many people and events are linked together. It still baffles me a bit about Joseph though. Still wondering if he was in the lineage of Peter. I dunno for sure, but studying this made me curious.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 04:52 PM

TOTH: Is there any Scripture showing that Peter was related to Joseph?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 05:19 PM

Prophetic,

I don't know that there is, but I don't know that there isn't either.

Sometimes knowledge is reserved for a specific time. There is a scripture about that, but I would have to look it up. I think a lot of things can be discovered from research and allowing the Spirit to lead. But I left it as a question because I don't know and I don't want to go out of my way to assume.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 05:27 PM

Let me throw something out there too.

There were 12 apostles. On removed and replaced. As you mentioned Dan was replaced by Massaseh. Of course Jesus also had a daddy named Joseph.

Not saying that any of those things are overly significant in this case, but I also like to follow breadcrumbs sometimes. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 07:26 PM

All of the 12 Apostles were from Judea which had descendents of Judah and Benjamin.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 08:09 PM

Prophetic.

I'm talking about a similarity. Not necessarily lineage. A lot of times we see something that happens in the same manner more than once because it reflects who God is. In this case, there are some things that seem similar. When that happens, it's an opportunity I use to study and look for more information/clues. It doesn't mean I'll find what I'm looking for, but I enjoy the hunt.

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2019 03:34 PM

As little David pointed out,

but the birthright was Joseph's:) (AKJV)

According to my AKJV.

David quoted NIV but the both agree.

So Richard once again wants to contradict Yahuwah's word.

It is obvious what the scripture say , no?

23 And the children of the half tribe of Manasseh dwelt in the land: they increased from Bashan unto Baalhermon and Senir, and unto mount Hermon.

24 And these were the heads of the house of their fathers, even Epher, and Ishi, and Eliel, and Azriel, and Jeremiah, and Hodaviah, and Jahdiel, mighty men of valour, famous men, and heads of the house of their fathers.

25 And they transgressed against the God of their fathers, and went a w h o r i n g after the gods of the people of the land, whom God destroyed before them.

26 And the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgathpilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh, and brought them unto Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river Gozan, unto this day.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6