Author Thread: Question - Tribe of Judah
T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Question - Tribe of Judah
Posted : 13 Nov, 2019 08:15 PM

So I've wondered about this for quite some time and have heard some answers, but nothing that seemed definitive. Just curious as to any responses.

In the genealogy of Christ, He comes from the Tribe of Judah, but why, as opposed to one of the other tribes?

Judah was the fourth son of Jacob and Leah. Usually the name we hear about is Joseph or even the youngest brother Benjamin.

Luke 3:33-34 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda, Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,

Jacobs sons in order with mother:

1 Reuben - Leah

2 Simeon - Leah

3 Levi - Leah

4 Judah - Leah

5 Dan - Bilhah (Handmaid to Rachel)

6 Naphtali - Bilhah

7 Gad - Zilpah (Handmaid to Leah)

8 Asher - Zilpah

9 Issachar - Leah

10 Zebulun - Leah

11 Joseph - Rachel

12 Benjamin - Rachel

One Daughter (Just to fairly mention)

Dinah - Leah

Thoughts?

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 04:07 PM

As usual we have a lot of ridiculous quotes by Little David!!

JUDAH'S PROMINENCE:

The nation of Israel was named after Jacob whose name was changed to Israel (Gen. 32:28; 35:10). Jacob had 12 sons and in those days the position of leadership of the family clan was usually passed on to the eldest son. And the eldest son’s birthright was a double portion of the inheritance (As per Deut. 21:17).

But we see from the Bible that the tribe of **JUDAH** (The 4th son) became prominent instead of the tribe of Reuben (1st son) – king David was a descendant of **JUDAH* (10th generation, 1 Chron. 2:1-15), Jerusalem the capital of Israel was located in their territory and they were the last tribe to be conquered and taken into captivity. This was unusual because Judah was the fourth oldest son of Jacob and not the firstborn.

Of Judah’s descendants, the most prominent in the Old Testament is king David and the most prominent in the New Testament is Jesus Christ. Jesus was the promised Jewish Messiah (Isa. 9:6-7; Jer. 23:5-6), the “son of David” (Mt. 1:1; 22:42; Lk. 1:32, 69; Rom. 1:3; 2 Tim. 2:8; Rev. 5:5; 22:16). One of Christ’s titles is, “THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH**," (Rev. 5:5). This relates to **JUDAH** being promised the right to rule “until he to whom it belongs [Jesus] shall come” (Gen. 49:8-10).

After the Babylonian exile, the Israelites were called “Jews”. This name is derived from the word “Judah” and was used because, by that time, virtually all Israelites were descendants of the kingdom of Judah (the rest had assimilated into other nations). Also, the Jewish religion was known as “Judaism”. So Judah’s prominence is reflected by these words.

So, there are two main reasons why Judah was the most prominent tribe of Israel. First, Reuben forfeited his rights by his incest and Simeon and Levi forfeited their rights by their cruelty and violence. They were disqualified for misconduct. Judah was the next in the order of birth and that is why he received the blessing. Second, **THIS PROMUNENCE WAS PROPHESIED BY JACOB {ISRAEL} before he died.

**JACOB'S {ISRAEL'S} BLESSINGS TO HIS SONS JUST BEFORE HIS DEATH**:

Genesis 49:1,8-10: Then Jacob called for his sons and said.: "Gather around and so I can tell you what will happen to you in the days to come.... Judah, your brothers will praise you: Your hand will be at the neck of your enemies; your father's sons will bow down to you. You are a lion's cub, Judah; you return from the prey, my son. Like a **LION** he crouches and lies down, like a lioness--who dares to rouse him? The **SCEPTER WILL NOT DEPART FROM **JUDAH**scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the **RULER'S staff from between his feet, until he to whom it belongs shall come {*JESUS*} and the **OBEDIENCE OF THE NATIONS SHALL BE HIS**!"

LittleDavid tries convince us that all the rights of the firstborn of Jacob were give to the sons of Joseph and not to Judah by quoting I Chronicles 5:11-3 belowI

Chronicles 5:1-3: The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel. {Shown in I Chron 5:3 below} He was the firstborn, but when he defiled his father’s marriage bed, his rights as firstborn were **given to the sons of Joseph** son of Israel; so he could not be listed in the **GENEALOGICAL RECORD** in accordance with his birthright, and though Judah was the strongest of his brothers and a ruler came from him, the **rights of the firstborn belonged to Joseph** {BUT ONLY ACCORDING TO THE GENEALOGICAL RECORD**} The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel: Hanok, Pallu, Hezron and Karmi.

But we can clearly see that according to God's Word in Genesis 49:8-10 above that Jacob {Isreal} **GAVE ALL THE RIGHTS OF THE FIRSTBORN TO JUDAH**!!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 04:48 PM

Really?

Can't we just have a nice conversation about this?

I don't always agree with prophetic, but I liked what he shared. We don't always have to get it right, but sometimes getting it wrong leads to something else.

I know that in reading what prophetic shared, it gave me some things to consider and to attempt to expand upon.

Would rather discuss this seriously rather than have the round-n-round about whose formula is best. But hey, I can't tell anybody what do so, only ask.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 06:26 PM

That’s ok, I’ll make my exit.

You may follow the false prophetic if you wish because like you say, “you don’t have to be right”.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 07:59 PM

Prophetic is very rude and gives nio inconsideration for others on their topics.

False prophet.

It's very important to teach correct scripture.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 08:04 PM

No consideration for others topics.

@Prophetic goes on and on with Long unnecessary scripture Unrelated.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 08:24 PM

David,

You need to relax man. I'm just trying to have a friendly discussion. Just as people were sharing, it turned to a "whack em" match with you two. I get it. It's your thing. My issue is I go to look for responses and there's a stream of off-topic rage I have to sort past to see if anybody else had something meaningful to contribute to the actual topic.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 08:34 PM

Here we have a perfect example of little David's Bible illiteracy!!

JUDAH'S PROMINENCE:

The nation of Israel was named after Jacob whose name was changed to Israel (Gen. 32:28; 35:10). Jacob had 12 sons and in those days the position of leadership of the family clan was usually passed on to the eldest son. And the eldest son’s birthright was a double portion of the inheritance (As per Deut. 21:17).

But we see from the Bible that the tribe of **JUDAH** (The 4th son) became prominent instead of the tribe of Reuben (1st son) – king David was a descendant of **JUDAH* (10th generation, 1 Chron. 2:1-15), Jerusalem the capital of Israel was located in their territory and they were the last tribe to be conquered and taken into captivity. This was unusual because Judah was the fourth oldest son of Jacob and not the firstborn.

Of Judah’s descendants, the most prominent in the Old Testament is king David and the most prominent in the New Testament is Jesus Christ. Jesus was the promised Jewish Messiah (Isa. 9:6-7; Jer. 23:5-6), the “son of David” (Mt. 1:1; 22:42; Lk. 1:32, 69; Rom. 1:3; 2 Tim. 2:8; Rev. 5:5; 22:16). One of Christ’s titles is, “THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH**," (Rev. 5:5). This relates to **JUDAH** being promised the right to rule “until he to whom it belongs [Jesus] shall come” (Gen. 49:8-10).

After the Babylonian exile, the Israelites were called “Jews”. This name is derived from the word “Judah” and was used because, by that time, virtually all Israelites were descendants of the kingdom of Judah (the rest had assimilated into other nations). Also, the Jewish religion was known as “Judaism”. So Judah’s prominence is reflected by these words.

So, there are two main reasons why Judah was the most prominent tribe of Israel. First, Reuben forfeited his rights by his incest and Simeon and Levi forfeited their rights by their cruelty and violence. They were disqualified for misconduct. Judah was the next in the order of birth and that is why he received the blessing. Second, **THIS PROMUNENCE WAS PROPHESIED BY JACOB {ISRAEL} before he died.

**JACOB'S {ISRAEL'S} BLESSINGS TO HIS SONS JUST BEFORE HIS DEATH**:

Genesis 49:1,8-10: Then Jacob called for his sons and said.: "Gather around and so I can tell you what will happen to you in the days to come.... Judah, your brothers will praise you: Your hand will be at the neck of your enemies; your father's sons will bow down to you. You are a lion's cub, Judah; you return from the prey, my son. Like a **LION** he crouches and lies down, like a lioness--who dares to rouse him? The **SCEPTER WILL NOT DEPART FROM **JUDAH**scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the **RULER'S staff from between his feet, until he to whom it belongs shall come {*JESUS*} and the **OBEDIENCE OF THE NATIONS SHALL BE HIS**!"

LittleDavid tries convince us that all the rights of the firstborn of Jacob were give to the sons of Joseph and not to Judah by quoting I Chronicles 5:11-3 belowI

Chronicles 5:1-3: The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel. {Shown in I Chron 5:3 below} He was the firstborn, but when he defiled his father’s marriage bed, his rights as firstborn were **given to the sons of Joseph** son of Israel; so he could not be listed in the **GENEALOGICAL RECORD** in accordance with his birthright, and though Judah was the strongest of his brothers and a ruler came from him, the **rights of the firstborn belonged to Joseph** {BUT ONLY ACCORDING TO THE GENEALOGICAL RECORD**} The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel: Hanok, Pallu, Hezron and Karmi.

But we can clearly see that according to God's Word in Genesis 49:8-10 above that Jacob {Isreal} **GAVE ALL THE RIGHTS OF THE FIRSTBORN TO JUDAH**!!

This is a perfect example of Little David's Bible illiteracy.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 02:53 AM

TOTH, I truly get it.

You’re “something meaningful to contribute” is like, quote: “but I liked what he shared. We don't always have to get it right...”

TOTH you’re standards of biblical truth are obviously reckless, like you say, “We don't always have to get it right...”.

What kind of absurd statement is that,TOTH??!!

Perhaps that’s why you prefer a false prophet to tickle your itching ears.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 02:55 AM

Should have been your not you’re

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 02:55 AM

Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 02:39 AM

Notice how the false prophetic Richard distorts the following passage by making it say the exact opposite of what the original author intended. As a true false prophet, Richard **adds** his own false theories to scripture

Chronicles 5:1-3:

The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel. {Shown in I Chron 5:3 below} He was the firstborn, but when he defiled his father’s marriage bed, his rights as firstborn were **given to the sons of Joseph** son of Israel; so he could not be listed in the **GENEALOGICAL RECORD** in accordance with his birthright, and though Judah was the strongest of his brothers and a ruler came from him, the **rights of the firstborn belonged to Joseph** {BUT ONLY ACCORDING TO THE GENEALOGICAL RECORD**} The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel: Hanok, Pallu, Hezron and Karmi.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6