Author Thread: I'd appreciate a man's insight :)
MissBeach

View Profile
History
I'd appreciate a man's insight :)
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 07:37 AM

Gentlemen, I have a few questions for you.

How long does it take you to approach a woman who catches your interest? Would you introduce yourself the first time you noticed her? Would it take a few weeks or months (assuming that you have the opportunity to see her once a week or so?)

How much encouragement do you need from her in order to feel pretty confident that you won't be "shot down?"

In general, do you prefer to approach a woman or let her approach you?

Thanks!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 05:31 PM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you my sister.

Personally, if a woman catches my interest, depending on the circumstance, it could take a matter of seconds.

I say circumstance, because if we are in say a classroom environment and it's my first time seeing her and class is in seession and she's sitting far away from me, then I may have to wait until after class. In this situation also, I can see myself asking GOD if I even should approach her.

I've seen where GOD would make a situation as to where the woman whom I've taken interest in, almost becomes unapproachable.

Like maybe her boyfriend will suddenly appear. Then I know she has a man and is unavailable.

Or maybe some other situation will tie me up and she dissappears, before I have a chance to approach her.

But in a normal situation, if I see a woman whom I am attracted to, by the grace of GOD, I'll approach her right away to see where her heart is. Unless I'm ministering ofcourse, then I may let her get away altogether or it may take much longer to approach her, because my attention is mission focussed.

Praise the LORD!

In the love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 05:53 PM

Hey Miss Beach;

First, your last question: I don't care who moves first, as long as SOMEbody does SOMEthing! If you're interested in a guy; hey - let him know. Just be aware that sometimes a dropped hanky isn't picked up, not because the guy isn't interested, but because sometimes even geniuses are clueless :laugh:

There's nothing wrong with being forward, and in fact for me, it earns my respect!

Timelines are tricky. Introducing myself totally depends on the circumstances. And what do I have to go on? Looks? That's not a lot to go on...

Lemme give you an example; I wound up on these internet dating sites because of one lady. I didn't get on here to find someone, I was trying to sort myself out. But the site I went on (christianmingle) you had to fill out a profile. So I did, only because I had to, and I wanted to look at profiles to try and sort out exactly what it was I was looking for in a woman.

The second "match" was a supposed 100% match. I said "Ya, sure, I'll be the judge of that" and read through her profile. I was stunned. "You're kidding. Really? Where has this girl been my whole life?"

It didn't hurt that she was drop-dead gorgeous, but I read the profiles of a LOT of drop-dead gorgeous ladies that night. This first lady stood out because of what she WROTE; because of her character - because of what she stood for, because of what she liked and didn't like. I mean - she was even interested in Creation! (which is all I eat, breathe and sleep)

So I paid my $30 membership just for the opportunity to introduce myself to her!

But if I find a lady attractive, that isn't enough to go on. What's her character like? I can't really know (meeting her in person) unless I introduce myself to her first.

Nowfor me to express interest - that can take anywhere from a few minutes to weeks or months (it has taken me years with one lady)

These internet dating sites have greatly improved my skills and taught me what to look for, and what to ask a lady, so that I may figure out if I may be interested or not a heck of a lot faster.

Even if she expresses interest, if I'm still not sure yet, I'll keep chugging away - probably not ignoring her advances, but rather responding with "Well, let's get to know each other some more - I still need to interrogate..er....have a whole wack of questions I'd like to ask to get to know you better!"

Anyway, my random thoughts for now.

Ian

MissBeach

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2009 07:43 PM

Gentlemen,thank-you for your replies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 11:24 PM

Miss Beach

Us men do greatly appreciate a woman at least flirting.

Be brave, I have blessings by sitting back.

yes I agree do SOMETHING!

Proverbs says: the righteous are bold as lions.

I am praying for boldness every day. Confidence is attractive.

If you take the time to message a guy, that guy knows that you like him. If he responds back favorably, take it slow and play the game. You may not

be the only one he is talking to.

I am looking for devotion to Jesus and a woman who has a prayer life.

If I am feeling real lonely then I would just message a woman to see if she wants to go on a date with me.

hope something in here encourages you

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 08:02 PM

Hmm...it would probably take a couple weeks(I'm speaking for myself here, I'm not sure how many can relate)...when a guy(a nice one....not an arrogant one) meets someone he's really attracted to, he'd be a little uneasy..."maybe she's not interested, maybe she's just being nice?", "maybe she has someone else she's interested in?", "maybe she's a psycho?", and so on...it'd take a couple weeks to figure out if she's interested an' stuff, which bring us to the next question...what would it take for a guy to know when? I'd probably try to be "around" a lot...kind of...indirectly in the same place, so I could figure some of those questions out...try and do some barely-noticeable funny stuff...if she notices your little covert comedy antics and laughs, then you'd know she was watching you...which would be a big clue about whether or not she was interested and/or likes your sense of humor. So to answer the last one, I'd eventually approach her, once I was sure. Probably within a month, maybe two if it was only once a week that I was around. Might take longer if I didn't notice the attraction right away...thats happened before...