Author Thread: Talk about a Scam
Admin

Talk about a Scam
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 05:08 PM

Watched the news last night and this lady 50 something, had been chattin to a gent (and I use the term loosely) for a few months. Well... the guy took her for $60,000.00 and when she finally reported it, the FBI told her it wasn't enough money for them to persue the case. Go Figure....

Linnie I think she could've used your sage advice .... or rather all your disabilities that you conjure up.

My heart went out to her as this "thing" and I use the term loosely, preyed on a lonely woman and stole from her. But as they say, "every dog has his day". God will deal with him even if I'd like too, ugh.... did I just say that.

I tell ya, it's times like this that I wish I were a guy, with arms like steel and can just take someone and hurt the heck out of em, so it's probably a good thing I'm not.

Makes me mad as all get out when I hear things like this, but let me tell ya HOW IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL LOL

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 05:38 PM

Just so ya'll know, I'm really not a violent person. It just grinds my gears when I hear stories like this. It's so wrong, wrong and plain WRONG.

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 06:12 PM

dear folks, its easy to not get scammed. never and i say never give money away..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 10:01 AM

yeah, that's why i quit watching the news. all those poor people getting scammed, and worst of all, (knowing the nurturing part of my nature:laugh:), i'd give everything i have to the person that went thru that. unfortunately, being 19, i'm unable to for many reasons. i like what you said about wishing you were a guy; i can relate there. except i wouldn't use physical violence; i'd probably just yell at the evil doers, then use my strength to help the person back up on track. but i see where you're coming from. it's rough out there, and i hope and pray that all of the Christians can one day bind together against those evil forces and fight them.

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 04:04 PM

You're quite right Angel. God can do more damage than I could ever exert, even if I was a man. Glad I'm not though, think I might be fightin all the time to help the underdogs and people who get used like this poor lady. Breaks my heart more than anything.

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 01:06 PM

:ROFL:Is this U :boxing: lol LOL

librarywizard

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 03:54 PM

Unfortunately I was a victim of a scam (not on this site, I was on Eharmony). The guy I was talking to had a fake name, a fake picture, everything he told me was a lie.

He said he was an engineer in oil industry, that he was going to Kuwait to get an oil license so he could start his own company, that Kuwait would not give him an oil license because he was not Muslim, and then he went to Nigeria. Once he got there he could not use his credit cards, he did not have access to his bank accounts in the united states, people were threatening to kill him, and could he please borrow money from me for a plane ticket so that he could come visit me.

Unfortunately I fell for it and lost money, and once he had it, of course I never heard from him again. Now I can't go to graduate school in the fall because I don't have the money for tuition. However, I am not broken. I will be back at school in January and I will never fall for this kind of scam again.

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 07:05 PM

librarywizard,

I am very sorry you were victimized in that way. I pray God's peace and blessings over you!

ian777

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 07:10 PM

Ouch - sorry to hear that Librarywizard. I pray for the Lord's provision for you.

Ian

librarywizard

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 07:14 PM

Thank you for your prayers. Maybe I am crazy to try this online dating again, but I have learned a lot about being scammed. I have been contacted on this site by someone I know is a scammer. I have blocked him so he can't talk to me again. I will not give up hope that a decent Christian man is out there for me. I may just meet him on this site!

View Profile
History
Talk about a Scam
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 09:31 AM

When someone uses "love" as a tool, they can litterally rob you blind no matter who you are or how much you have. You can be smart as a whip and still fall in this trap. Evil people are out there... reminds me of the movie Jurasic Park.... they are like raptures trying to find the weak spot in your electric fence... eventually one will get through. There are a ton of people out there that have been robbed blind but are too ashamed to admit they fell for it too.

I fell for it.:dunce:

It does ruin lives in more than a financial way. Trust is gone, it is hard to believe anyone else after it happens to you, then the people you want to put your trust in run out of patience or take offense because you ask too many questions etc. It is all for protection and if they never had anything like that happen to them, they just don't understand. Vicious cirle.

I't was during a time wandered away from the Lord and was not living right. I learned lessons and it brought me back. I believe I was able to get through it because the Lord was with me. In the end; I broke even, so besides trust lost, I am no worse for the wear. A chapter in my life closed and a pages are turning in the next.

I'm learning it is not in man I have to trust, but in the Lord and with him I am protected.

Psa 91:1 Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty,

Psa 91:2 can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust."

Psa 91:3 He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases.

Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.

Psa 91:5 You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day

Psa 91:6 or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight.

Psa 91:7 A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed.

Psa 91:8 You will look and see how the wicked are punished.

Psa 91:9 You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector,

Psa 91:10 and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home.

Psa 91:11 God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go.

Psa 91:12 They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones.

Psa 91:13 You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes.

Psa 91:14 God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.

Psa 91:15 When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them.

Psa 91:16 I will reward them with long life; I will save them."

What an awesome God we serve!

Amen!

:yay: