Author Thread: How do I let you know I'm interested.
Admin

How do I let you know I'm interested.
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 10:40 AM

Hi I'm Zoe. Question. How do I respectfully and in a lady like manner show a guy (if I were talking or seeing a guy) that I'm interested in him without making the first move?

I wish not to pursue men anymore. I've tried it and nothing has come about. Maybe I'm not good at it. I don't know. But, I do know that I wish to be pursued.

Please advise me.

Thanks and God Bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 12:59 PM

hi zoe, i'm taiwo.

quite simply, it is best to just be yourself from the onset, as little as we may tend to show it at times, guy's want 2 know exactly the kind of person they are dating frm the beginning, if ur funny, be funny, if ur reserved, remain reserved etc

best of luck and have a nice day:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 01:23 PM

dear zoe, welcome to the forums and hard to do without makin a move online.. try a simple hello email.. maybe hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 04:53 PM

Cattleman is right, the best thing to do is say "hi".

Though, as a personal anecdote, I was really flattered this weekend that a girl on the site who lives 3000 miles away gave me her phone number. From the tiny picture, she seems pretty cute too.

Though, for a first e-mail that had no other info, it was a little too forward. So, I e-mailed her back to try to get a little dialog going online first and haven't heard anything since then.

So, for the sake of not being too forward, be friendly and inviting without putting yourself out there ;-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 05:58 PM

Thank you guys for the advice. Just so you guys know, I have sent emails saying hello, I liked your profile and stuff. Some replied, but most didn't. I don't think I'm good at it. I think I'm just gonna sit back and wait if I get a wink or an email from someone. It's not a pleasant feeling to make the first move and fail...especially for a lady.

God Bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 06:34 PM

dear zoe, well remember sometimes you may be writin to someone whos not even usin the site anymore.. anyways ya cant win em all . ya just want one hehe so keep on tryin..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 06:49 PM

ok cattleman...i will give it a try again. thanks

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 08:45 PM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you Zoe.

After viewing your profile, it seems that your own profile heading gives the best answer to your question.

GOD knows who we are and what we need and HE knows exactly when to give it to us. Just keep seeking to please the LORD. The heart of every person is in GOD'S HAND and GOD turns our hearts wheresoever GOD desires.

You see, GOD knows the future of all people and not just what they are or seem to be at the moment.

The person we choose to be with or have an interest in can turn completely away from GOD years or even months later, leaving us in a very undelightful place.

I've seen two recent examples of women whom I've taken interest in some time ago, both in the Gospel Music industry one very well known. I just saw recently that one went back to performing secular music and the other has ministry practises which could be a hinderance to what the LORD has called me to stand for if we were married.

The key is to seek the LORD, trust HIS love for you, knowing that HE has your Best interest at HEART.

As time passes by you'll see things unfolding in such a way as to understand why what you wanted didn't come when you wanted it. GOD has a beautiful plan for our lives. Our Heavenly FATHER knows what's best for HIS children. Keep the faith and you'll get what is Good in due seasn. Just Follow JESUS all the way Home. Amen.

In the Love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 10:33 PM

Hey Zoe,

welcome to the forums. Hey - just so you know, EVERYbody here gets unanswered emails - the majority you send out will receive NO response. Don't take it personal, move on. I know it's annoying and discouraging, but ALL of us are experiencing that. It's not you, and it's not what you're doing.

If a lady writes to me and makes the first move, that actually earns my respect. Problem is, the vast majority who've approached me first, when you look at our profiles, we're mutually exclusive; so I'm a little baffled as to why they sent me a wink or emailed me. Then the winks get lost and stuff too.

Anyway - keep trying, and my recommendation is to step out and make the first move. It's just as discouraging for us guys when we step out, write first, and get no response...

but DO let him know you're interested! If you strike out, assume that is an answer from the Lord. But if he didn't notice you simply because you didn't make a move and he didn't see your profile or something, well then that's the wrong reason to strike out, wouldn't you say?

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 03:46 AM

Thank you Thaddeus and Ian for your sound advice. As I told Cattleman e�rlier, I will give it a try again. :winksmile:

ajw82w82

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 06:44 PM

ok guys like a challenge! imean unless he is a creeper and despret. but the more you leave to his imagination the better. now im not telling you to play games but if you on the first date tell him your in love with him. hes pry not going to call you. relationships take time! i will admit guys are compleatly oblivious to the "signs" but hang out with him for awhile and get to know him. and if you see him as someone that you want to date just ask what do you think about me? and do you see me as some one that you can see your self with ? and f he says no then time to mive on! but dont wait 2 years to ask the questions. id say after hanging out fro like may be a month? in the end if god wants it to happen it will! well good luck!

Page : 1 2