Author Thread: Methodists and United Methodists ???
Admin

Methodists and United Methodists ???
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 11:32 AM

Hi,

In high school, I dated a girl I thought was a Christian; and making that assumption, for most of the five year relationship, I took for granted that we must believe the same things about the "essential" doctrine. By year five, those essential doctrines kept springing up; and several times I drove her to tears by using the Bible to confirm basic things such as God sends the unreedemed to Hell.

Although I've not really researched the topic, I've heard in passing conversations that the United Methodists are another of those alleged christian groups who don't believe the Bible.

So, my question is, is that a Methodist thing or just a United Methodist thing? What do modern Methodists teach about salvation, repentance, faith, works? Is it anything like the PCA and PCUSA split or is neither group Christian anymore?

Thanks,

Mike

View Profile
History
Methodists and United Methodists ???
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 12:25 PM

Does no one know whether both groups are now not Christian? I know that the teachings of the United Methodist come from Satan, but can anyone tell me whether or not the rest of the Methodist denomination has also fallen into apostasy?