Author Thread: Matthew 5:44
Admin

Matthew 5:44
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 03:09 PM

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 03:42 PM

Morgan, you seem to have forgotten a bit of context, Add the context, thanks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 04:44 PM

Morgan, what do you think; should we pray for Satan?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:04 PM

In the OT God ordered Israel to kill their enemies many times and God helped them do it. However in the NT Jesus commands, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also." Luke 6:27-29

Leviticus 26:7,8: God said to Israel, "You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the SWORD before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the SWORD before you!" Numbers 25:16,17" The Lord said to Moses, "Treat the Midianites as enemies and kill them!" etc etc

HOWEVER IN THE NEW COVENANT, JESUS SAYS, "ALL WHO DRAW THE SWORD WILL DIE BY THE SWORD!"

Jesus said to His 11 Apostles, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. For it is written: "And He was numbered with the transgressors"{Isaiah 53:12} and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in Me. Yes, what is written about Me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See Lord, here are 2 {Not 11}swords." "That is enough." Jesus replied.

Matthew 26:30-34: They seized Jesus and arrested Him. With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "For *ALL* who draw the sword will die by the sword...But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

And so the only reason that Jesus allowed the disciples to have 2 swords was so that the Scripture in Isaiah 53:12 would be fulfilled: "He was numbered among the transgressors."

Jesus said to Pilate, "My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, My servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But **NOW** My Kingdom is from another place!"

Former OT commands in Exodus 21:23-25 "If there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."

This was changed by these NT commands by Jesus:

Matthew 5:38,39: Jesus commands, "You have heard that it was said {In Exodus 21:23-25 above}, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also!"

Luke 6:27-29: Jesus commands, "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you. do not demand it back!"

Romans 12:18-21: If it is possible, as far as it DEPENDS ON YOU, LIVE AT PEACE WITH EVERYONE! Do not take revenge my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written, "It is mine to revenge, I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head" Do not be overcome by evil but OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD!!

2 Corinthians 10:3,4: "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are *NOT* the weapons of the world."

The only weapons that NT saints may use who follow the New Covenant commands of Jesus is the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. A NT saint would not even think of joining the army of any nation and becoming a professional killer or defending himself with a gun. Unfortunately very few Groups such as the Amish and Mennonites still obey these sacred commands of Jesus.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:07 PM

@prophetic,

Do you pray for Satan?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:16 PM

No. Usually Satan's followers pray to Satan like Quiznos and Khutzpah!!

!!

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:22 PM

Quizuck writes,

"Morgan, you seem to have forgotten a bit of context, Add the context, thanks." end quote.

Friends notice the soft side of Chuck as he posted above in his other profile. Now he could of been even more nice, like asking a question to get Morgan more involved and curious instead of just telling him he forgot something.

Chuckpah writes,

"Morgan, what do you think; should we pray for Satan?" end quote.

Then there is the condescending smack down Chuck above quote that just has to belittle someone just because they don't give the whole story right off the get go and even when they do, he does the same thing, closes the discussion and wonders what happened???

Its like he enter the thread, F A R T S and everyone leaves, wondering why everyone is offended??? This is why threads never go anywhere and nobody wants to discuss and learn! SAD, Sooooo SAD!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:28 PM

@Teddy,

It's a fair question. Scripture says pray for your enemies. Satan is our enemy. Sooooo.....????? Wow, just think how great life would be if Satan repented!

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:31 PM

Teddy quote

Its like he enter the thread, F A R T S and everyone leaves, wondering why everyone is offended??? This is why threads never go anywhere and nobody wants to discuss and learn! SAD, Sooooo SAD!

End quote

DUDE! ya! it's like Chet is in the room when he got turned into that big pile of cowpie (Weird Science movie)

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:34 PM

I think we are suppose to pray against satan , not for him. I think he is pretty hopeless right? Thrown into the lake of fire , his power destroyed? right?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2020 06:37 PM

Actually Satan never repents and he and all his followers like Quiznos and Khutzpah never repent and they will richly deserve their eternal torment!!

Page : 1 2 3 4