Author Thread: Struggling with faith, Or with what i have been hearing being taught within the church.
Quiznos

View Profile
History
Struggling with faith, Or with what i have been hearing being taught within the church.
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 04:09 PM

I have heard people say that they are struggling with THEIR faith, are they actually struggling with FAITH, as though faith is a person, or with something, or someone else.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Struggling with faith, Or with what i have been hearing being taught within the church.
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 05:36 PM

Quiznos,

If you are struggling with your faith, then maybe sit down with a pastor or get some counseling. Good luck with it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:13 PM

tothmax, not to be rude, but that always seems to be your answer. ("talk with a pastor"). Most people struggle with their faith 'because' of their pastor!

If a person has a real relationship with G-D through Jesus, then no matter what nonsense their pastor or church teaches, they will always have an anchor for their soul.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:17 PM

In today's Information Age and the Churches misinformation age, I think people struggle with the sheer number of conflicts. Add to that misbehaving pastors, priests and wacko christians and people start to wonder if it all isn't a sham.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:22 PM

Khutzpa quote

If a person has a real relationship with G-D through Jesus, then no matter what nonsense their pastor or church teaches, they will always have an anchor for their soul.

End quote

Well, you only find that relationship through his Word of which you say is untrustworthy and written by man and therefore "a slow eating cancer" but you use these same scriptures when it suits you.

I suggest you start trusting his Word and read it daily and apply it to your life and watch your faith increase.

2 Peter 3:18

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Oh, but I guess you discount Peter also since he called Paul a beloved brother and you say Luke was favorably biased toward Paul when he wrote Acts and the book of Luke ... Paul being a false apostle as you stated and whatnot..

Are you in the easy believism camp Chuckk? Just believe and that is all you need? Don't you have to know in WHOM you have believed?

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:31 PM

Chuck and "Quiznos"! Why are you posting new threads with no Bible verses to discuss or show your view using them??? This is the "BIBLE DISCUSSION part of the CDFF forum! OOOOOOOOOOK?

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:44 PM

@toth,

Toth,do you understand the topic, this is about what i hear christians say.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:46 PM

King James Only says you can only have relationship with G-D through the Bible. Tell that to Helen Keller who knew Jesus before she was told about him.

What don't you get about ONE mediator between G-D and man: Jesus the Christ, not the King James Bible!

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:47 PM

@hugs,

What bible verse did Messiah write when the pharisees brought the woman taken in adultry.

We can discuss events, situations and problems people have, then use scripture for answers.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:49 PM

Teddy asks: "Chuck and "Quiznos"! Why are you posting new threads with no Bible verses to discuss or show your view using them??? This is the "BIBLE DISCUSSION part of the CDFF forum! OOOOOOOOOOK?"

----------------

I use many verses in my sentences. A person familiar with the Bible will recognize them. If you don't, you can always google the reference Teddy.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2020 06:56 PM

@kjvee,

You have a relationship with GOD Almighty thru a book.

Hmmm,let me see.

A teenaged young lady woke up one day to find a note left on the kitchen table for her.

The note said, I love you, have a great day, Dad.

The young lady was overjoyed and put the note in her coat pocket, once a day she would read the note;

This went on for a year, yet she would not talk with her dad,nor did she want to be with her dad.

kjvee, this seems like the relationship you talk about having with GOD Almighty,then you tell others they should have the same type of relationship.

Page : 1 2 3 4