Author Thread: "Ringers"
Admin

"Ringers"
Posted : 17 Jun, 2020 08:31 AM

Sometimes in competitive activities I would hear about "ringers".

I learned that was the term for someone who appeared to be new to the activity but actually was very good at it and perhaps a master of it.

I suspect that dating sites that require you to pay money to get a real use from it (not this one) employee "ringers".

They would/do post attractive photos and profiles so as entice you to spend money to gain further access i.e. be able to message them and so on.

I am new to this stuff so also unskilled. Has anyone else seen evidence of what I suspect or have knowledge to share?

I am curious.

Dave

View Profile
History
"Ringers"
Posted : 18 Jun, 2020 06:38 AM

Hi Dave. Good observations and questions. Yes, there is a sketchy dating site called 'Mingles'. It's huge, popular, so there is more people to choose from. Huge caveats though... I went on it temporarily to look for someone who may be on it that I was searching for. What happens is there is a steady request for the 'upgrade' in your inbox so you can "see" the profiles who clicked a 'like' on you. It's a constant sales pitch to pay. Also, it's very sketchy, this site. There is a view box that someone viewed your profile, it's very small so one cannot see hardly anything on who liked you and clicked a view on you. One gets curious, clicks this little box and up comes a "nude woman" with a suggestive pose. I wrote the administrator, moderator, and they promise to help, but more women are doing this. I suspect it's scammers, prostitutes, and some women just wanting attention in the wrong way. I ended my 'free' account on Mingles because of this. There was too much temptation. Christian Mingles is a part of Mingles, but beware. I'm sure there are some real Christians, but caveats are needed. I only went on Mingles to try and find a woman who I had a crush on from this CDFF site. Conclusion: Mingles is not worth it. It can be a huge stumbling block. Stay clear.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
"Ringers"
Posted : 18 Jun, 2020 06:42 PM

Some paid dating sites actually match couples better.

CDFF has very few good options for meeting a match.

The match thing here is completely off , I've got several there and I cannot delete them. They just show up .

View Profile
History
"Ringers"
Posted : 18 Jun, 2020 08:59 PM

Zeeman, thanks for the info. I actually wonder if perhaps there are paid by commission "bar girls" and "bar boys" or just computer generated profiles created for the purpose of up-selling clients. Some photos sure look like something out of a modeling portfolio. I did a google image search with a few and found similar but exact images on some of the image site we see online. Dave

View Profile
History
"Ringers"
Posted : 19 Jun, 2020 06:36 AM

You're welcome.