Author Thread: FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Admin

FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 10:34 AM

HELLO TO ALL CDFF MODERATORS.

PERSONALLY, I THINK IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD HAVE A FORUM THAT WAS JUST BASED ON FOOD.

A FORUM WHERE WE COULD TALK ABOUT GREAT DISHES, GREAT FOOD COMBINATIONS, HEALTHY AND NOT SO HEALTHY FOODS AND A PLACE WHERE WE COULD ALL SHARE RECIPE'S.

JUST A THOUGHT.

BON APETITE FRIENDS:eat:

View Profile
History
FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 12:55 PM

Hey Kid,

Great minds think alike! I was just think about this same thing this past week. So, I'll go ahead & post one here. It's great for the summer. Have fun & enjoy, if you decide to try it: :dancingp:

Homemade Ice Cream

1 Tbsp sugar

� C. milk or � & �

� tsp vanilla

6 Tbsp rock salt

1 pint-size food storage bag (e.g. Ziploc)

1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag

Fill the large bag � full of ice, & add the rock salt. Seal the bag. Put milk, vanilla, & sugar into the small bag, & seal it. Place the small bag inside the large one, & seal it again carefully. Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 min. Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully & enjoy! This will make about 1 scoop of ice cream; may be doubled.

Janet :party:

View Profile
History
FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 02:49 PM

that is a great idea!!!!

:dancingp:

View Profile
History
FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 02:52 PM

HI JANET, NICE IDEA, I WILL ATTEMPT THAT IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

PASTA IS MY FAV FOOD, WHATS YOURS? :eat:

View Profile
History
FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 04:35 PM

Hi Kidd,

Well, I'm not sure I have a favorite food. I use to think it was ice cream. At any rate, I'm a big veggie fan, but now w/all the fresh summer fruit coming in, I think I could add some to that ice cream! :bouncy: That ice cream recipe was originally intended for kids (you know, the small variety?), but I think us big kids could have some fun w/it too! :yay:

Janet

View Profile
History
FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 10:39 PM

Ok Gang, I made the ice cream & it was d-e-l-i-c-i-o--u-s! However, it does make me want to get an ice cream maker. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer & bon appetit on the ice cream or any other favorite food/recipes you may be trying out. :winksmile:

Janet

rumel

View Profile
History
FOOD/RECIPE LOUNGE
Posted : 15 May, 2019 11:58 AM

this is more of a cry for people to wake up

and a call for me being in need for recipe refinment

so i have been doing a granola mix for a few years

almonds, dehydrated, bannana, cranberry as a base

that has changed to now include chia, white mulberry, and goji berry(sweet not hot)

went from a bag of shake to a bag of shake with raw honey, then lost the honey and went back into the food processor and made a goo-with-water-stuff, put that onto a dehydrator and walk away with food bar type thingies

i live on the go and can not be bothered with food spoiling, or spilling, or exploding all over me while i am driving.

so what is a benefit that i can throw in here that will help make it a better recipe? eat less and be more satisfied is my goal