Author Thread: would you be offended if....
Admin

would you be offended if....
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 08:37 PM

ladies i need to know if you also would be offended if this happened to you or am i just to uptight and old fashioned? i was sent a message by a member and this is exactly what it said"NOW YOUR HOT!!!!" If i wanted to hear comments like that i could go back to running the bars and i told him thank you but that was kinda obnoxious. he wrote me back and told me i needed a few beers cause i was to uptight. i think i was right but wondered what you all thought. dont think nice women would appreciate being approached that way.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 08:47 PM

Hmmm.... both responses show that maybe he perhaps had a few too many beers. But I hope you'll be patient with our brother; obviously he meant it as a compliment, and sometimes, guys just don't know how to approach a woman. I know I'm still trying to figure it out - but I agree, it's like something you'd hear in a bar.

In the end, you gotta tell him it was offensive. Maybe "obnoxious" was too strong a word, but then again - what word are you going to use? All of them are going to make the guy think you're too uptight.

One thing for certain, his response speak volumes I think. He was the problem, but blamed you as the problem.

Ian

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 09:24 PM

One thing for certain, his response speak volumes I think. He was the problem, but blamed you as the problem.

Brother Ian is right on target.

Don't let the creepy guys get to you, there are some real gentle men on this site.

God Bless, Sandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 09:27 PM

dear uboat, im not a lady but i do think that was a little forward from a stranger.. now ifn hed of known you for awhile and you both were comfortable with each other then it might not of been so bad . and you prolly wouldnt of reacted as you did. then again youre hott would of come off as sounding lustful.. i know if i told you you was hottt my mind prolly wouldnt be in a pure place..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 03:13 AM

uboat, you're not too uptight. i agree with what you did. that is not a way to compliment a lady. it is offensive. the way i handle it is by emailing back saying that was too forward and that i'm not interested. i then immediately block him giving him no chance in being further offensive.

hope this helps.

God Bless,

Zoe

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 05:10 AM

You are not uptight. When strangers say things like that to me, I say LOL thank you but I am not interested. I think we all know what they are interested in.

GBU

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 02:03 PM

I agree with the others - if that's the first thing he says to you, then obviously, his mind is not in the right place.

Hockeychief8

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 01:45 PM

I agree with nearly everybody else on this issue. I know that I came to this meeting place because it put me in contact with people who are not being held captive to the worlds standards and lies. I do not think it was a very smart move on his part regardless of his intentions, but as we know we can not judge his heart. There are plenty of ways to communicate that particular thought to you in ways that would be more acceptabe, but mabey he just does not know better. I believe that by turning away from him yo have made a wise choice. I look at it this way, at least he showed you his cards early in the game rather than later. feel free to drop me a note if you like. John

KatsEye

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 08:45 AM

hmmm... I'd have to agree with everyone on this. If you meet a person in a chatroom or on a match site... and the conversation quickly turns to the physical [and they many times do...] you can rest assured that they have one major thing on their minds... and it isn't God or the Bible...lol.

Relationships have to be based on friendship, common interests and a little good old fashioned chemistry.

After all... if you want that person around for the long haul... you'd better find more to talk about then just sex and innuendo... this is the real world and you can't stay in bed forever [bill correctors frown upon this..lol]

Good luck to all in finding that person.

K