Author Thread: Virginity
Admin

Virginity
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 09:12 PM

How many women consider it a priority to find a man who saved himself for marraige? I can make excuses all day long about how " well i thought we'd be together" and such but bottom line is I didnt wait and it IS affecting my relationship with christian women, all of the good women (no offence to anyone else, it just seems like the ones who save themselves have a lot in common with my beliefs) save themselves for marraige and want a man who did the same. Just wonderoing

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 09:21 PM

If he's had sex outside of marriage while he claimed to be a Christian, I probably wouldn't date him. MAYBE I would if he was saved sometime after and wouldn't do it again. I have to admit though that this is a conclusion may have some influence from pessimism, since it's more likely to find a man who is not a virgin than a man who is one.

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 09:24 PM

Well it is always easier to find less valuable things. Anyone can pick up an apple from the ground but only a few will climb the tree to pick the fruit untouched by dirt and bugs

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 03:20 AM

as a divorced woman I can not say that I have any right to wait for a man who is a virgin. I do NOT date anyone whom I find to sleep around I understand marriages sometimes fail but after that what you do is a reflection upon you.

GBU

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 08:41 AM

Lonewolf, if a man gave himself away when he wasn't a Christian and then he confessed this to God after becoming a Christian and he has remained pure ever since, then I would have no problem at all dating him. If God has forgiven him of his sins, then I will too - he is just as pure as a virgin in my mind. How can we hold past sins against someone if Christ has washed him "white as snow"? That's just absurd. However, if a man had "tried" to remain pure as a Christian, but gave in anyway, then that would be a huge red flag. That doesn't mean I wouldn't date him, but we would have to talk about it and pray for wisdom concerning this matter. It all comes down to whether or not the guy has truly repented and given it enough time to prove that he is indeed following Jesus' command to "go and sin no more."

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 09:05 AM

Thanks for ya'lls responses.

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 03:03 PM

dear prov, nice post..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 08:14 PM

Thanks Cattleman.

myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
Virginity
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 09:13 AM

Here is my thing. Yes sex is supposed to wait for marriage...however not everyone was raised as I was in a Christian home or has been a believer as I have. So why should I hold something like that against someone when it was in their past. It would be equivalent to saying well you told a lie to your mom when she asked you if you cleaned your room or not when you were 8 years old..you might lie to me so I can't be with you. God has forgiven them for that and still loves them and accepts them so why wouldn't I?