Author Thread: Courtship Missionaries
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Courtship Missionaries
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 09:24 PM

Do you do your missionary work over a romantic date? Have you had it done to you? In both cases, how would or has that made you feel?

What do you think of it? Do you think someone might be inclined to agree with you or you with them just to tie the knot or get into bed? Does it make it easier to find your special someone?

View Profile
History
Courtship Missionaries
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 09:29 PM

If we are on the same page, doing missionary work on a romantic date with your date is a little extreme. a date should be a time of fellowship and bonding, not a time of conversion. I feel as though "preaching" to a date would in fact either turn the situation awkward or compell one of you to comply with the other for the sake of dignity. Being a light in a dark world is to me showing through your actions not your words that you are a christian and if you are on a date im sure that you both know the others beliefs

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Courtship Missionaries
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 10:07 PM

While I think dating is to learn about the other and enjoy their company, I agree with you and thanks for the reply. I wish others thought the same as you, because it's been exactly what you have described when they try to convert.

View Profile
History
Courtship Missionaries
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 03:13 AM

while I think it is important to talk about our faith in a relatiionship I do not think it should in the beggining be an indepth thing. I think it is something you need to work into.

Yes I think it is possible for it to be used to get you into marriage and bed..

just my thoughts really early in the morning..LOL

GBU

View Profile
History
Courtship Missionaries
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 09:10 AM

dear phoe, to me a dates not the place for it.. id already know what she believes before we ever went out.. so no need for it there then..

ole cattle