Author Thread: Winks, and why they are the bane of existance?
Ely_Guy

View Profile
History
Winks, and why they are the bane of existance?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 01:44 PM

I've seen a growing trend, people will put no winks just message me blah blah blah... since when have winks been taboo? if i see that on someones profile i usually dont even contact them in any way. To me it says that you think you're too good for people that are maybe a little shy to sit there and type a long message to a practical stranger but instead want to send them something just so that YOU know that they thought something was special about you and wanted you to know. i welcome any and all ways somebody can say hey to me, that's why i put my myspace down there after all. i dunno... i just read a ladies profile that was really mean and instead of having like interesting facts or just stuff about her it was like 4 paragraphs of her telling guys on how not to talk to her, it was veeery frustrating to see that people are actually like that... i dont like to discourage people to contact me.. that's the opposite of what i want... except for instant messages, but that's because my laptop blocks them all, but anywho, who else thinks winks are misunderstood? have a nice day!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 06:14 PM

I agree with what you said but since no one else posted i'll add a little extra. The majority of girls who List what guy cant contact her are usually the "pretty" ones that every guy on here emails with corny pickup lines, it gets old for her so she says hey dont email me, it can be taken as rude but they are trying to enjoy their time on here

Ely_Guy

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 09:55 PM

yea i had noticed that as well, oh well though. i only know things from a male perspective so maybe if i got the same things over and over and over i may be cynical... i hope not haha

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 09:58 AM

hey thought i would add a womans perspective :)

I am a bit unsure about the winks still undecided tbh I hadn't thought of it in the way you put it that some guys might be shy, I have got a lot of winks off older guys which i find slightly un-nerving at times especially as they keep doing it. I would much prefer winks than a demanding message to meet up form a guy i have never spoken to before. Which i have also had.

I find if I like the look of someones profile i will send a quick message saying Hi, I saw your profile and wondered if you would like to chat or if a guy has looked at my profile a few times but not message i will usually drop them a quick note in case they were shy. I am not the most confident of people and I guess a wink could be a useful tool when used in the right way

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 08:06 AM

Well darn, lol, I guess I'm just one of those mean-profile ppl. I'm not a huge fan of winks...because, a simple hello would do well for me? I guess, the dude that commented earlier - that's what's happened to me. Some guys just wink or say something creepy & it gets pretty old.

It is nice to hear a guy's perspective on it though. Maybe I'll think of winks a bit differently. Thanks for the info :-)