Author Thread: How to Spot a Liar
Admin

How to Spot a Liar
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 01:38 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/better/amp/ncna786326

How to tell if someone is lying to you, according to researchers.

Extracts:

It’s our conscious biases and decision making skills that interfere with the natural ability to detect deception. Here are the nonverbal clues that can reveal someone isn’t telling the truth.

If you claim that you never lie, well, you’re a liar.

Those little white lies are slipping out more often than you realize: One study found that Americans, on average, tell about 11 lies per week. Other research shows that number is on the conservative side. A study published in the Journal of Basic and Applied Social Psychology found that 60 percent of people can’t go 10 minutes without lying at least once. And it gets worse: Those that did lie actually told an average of three lies during that short conversation.

It turns out we are pretty good at pegging liars, but that we end up talking ourselves out of it. Research published in Psychological Science found that we all have pre-set instincts for detecting liars, but they are often overridden by our conscious minds.

A large meta-analysis revealed overall accuracy of distinguishing truths from lies was just 53 percent — not much better than flipping a coin, note the authors, psychologists Charles Bond, PhD, of Texas Christian University, and Bella DePaulo, PhD, of the University of California, Santa Barbara.

5 steps to becoming a human lie detector:

1. Establish a baseline

2. Study the eyes

3. Look for “microexpressions”

4. Spot a fake smile

5. Look for signs of stress

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
How to Spot a Liar
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 01:48 AM

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

here is the liar:

1 John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

You really cant read and see or acknowledge that the one who denies the Son is the liar, and the one who confesses Him cant be a liar ?

no lie is of the truth, truth has no lies in it

View Profile
History
How to Spot a Liar
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 02:37 AM

Adam, I think it is a little more complicated than simple anyone who confesses Christ is not a liar. Remember, Jesus said that not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. To some of them, he'll say, "Depart from me, for I never knew you," despite the good front that they put on. Also, like I told Morgan, the Bible also says that if you say that you love God, but hate your brother, than you are a liar.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
How to Spot a Liar
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 06:21 AM

YES IT IS MORE, TO CONFESS CHRIST AND NOT DENY HIM, IS TRUE CONFESSION:

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.